Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sat in a Brera in an Alfa showroom about a month ago, but decided that it just wasn't going too be practical. I've looked at various other cars, from the usual M Sport BMWs through to Saab 9-3 convertibles.
I liked most of the cars I tested, but I always felt they weren't the car I really wanted.
As a result, I've had a Brera today. It was a 2.2 SV (Couldn't stretch to a diesel) and I loved it. I'm past the need to go everywhere at warp factor 5 now, so it pootled along quite nicely. Still can't fit the kids in though. It's a great 3 seater, but I nearly broke my 4 year olds ankles when I tried to shoehorn him in behind me. :rolleyes:

When I wasn't driving it, I was looking at it out the window. The sales experience was terrible though. I said I was interested, but we'd have to buy a bigger car for my wife, which would impact on my budget. All I was looking for was the bottom line for the car. I said on numerous occassions, "What's the lowest price you'll accept". All I managed to get was numerous, expensive finance quotes. (And never once did I get an answer to my 'what APR' question)

I still really want a Brera. I'm giving myself a few days cooling off to see if my sensible head prevails, but if I can get the deal I want....I don't think I'll be able to resist.

(wife's not happy :D :lol: )

·
Registered
274 Posts
...(wife's not happy :D :lol: )...
If she really loves you...:lol:

The Brera's a super-hot car and tends to invoke the emotions like no other. I don't think any cooling off period will have the desired effect...Something more concrete like a bank statement and chat the financial advisor (GF :rolleyes: ) normally works for me.

So when are you getting yours? :lol:

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
The cooling off period didn't work for me !! :rolleyes:

:D

N

·
0 Posts
I only went into the dealers to look at it
and I ended up buying one there and then.

:D

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the back seats were more useable, it would be a no-brainer. But I'm worried my love affair would wear off as practicalities took over.

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Nah !! ;)

·
Registered
137 Posts
If you have the ackers/shekels/loot etc etc then JFDI (Just Fecking Do It) you lucky man. Alfas are always bought with heart.

Nick

·
Registered
137 Posts
Oh and if you dont like it I'll swop you my beautiful 156 Sportwagon and you wont have to pay me a penny 'cos I'm kind!!

Nick

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
159 is nice, but it's not a 'mid life crisis' car! :)
:cheese:
I have no idea what you mean.
:eek:

Where abouts are you quietlife?
Might be worth travelling to a more helpful dealer, or even ringing round to get an idea. It can be worth travelling to get the deal you want.
;)

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Tiddly input from me, my Carrera owning neighbour said "The Brera is one of the most beautiful cars I have ever seen." For beauties sake,and a heart satisfying reward, I'd love one.Stuff him and his flat faced, farty exhaust sounding Porker! I'm nice to his face though:)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just been discussing the seating question with my 5'5" missus. She said "put me on the insurance and when the four of us want to travel, I can drive" This would mean there would be some leg room for the youngest.

Now she's never driven any of my cars, because she's knows how well I take care of them and would be a nervous wreck! (I'm not that bad :rolleyes: )

This may be a compromise I'm prepared to take ;)

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Just go and do it...

But whatever you do - don't drive the V6 ;) especially not with the window down...

It's just a different world.. we worked out that only 1% of our journeys had 3 of us in the car - and our other car is an C-Max and my fuel card works for both....

I had all sots of fun with my Brera early doors, still have a couple of minor niggles - but do I want a different motor - not on your nelly...

Simes.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Service intervals every 2 years or 18K, if you are a low mileage user (say under 10-12k) they reccomend an oil change each year.

My first 2 services (3.2) will cost me £375 - thats what alfa have given me so far in compensation - I'm expecting at least another service to be paid when my final claim comes through...

Alot Cheaper than a BMW - more expensive than a ford..

SImes.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts