Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many and what were the radio and radio/sat nav combos factory fitted to the Breras and 939 Spiders ?

Mine has the standard head unit and its about the only thing I dont love on the dash, too big a lump for a couple of buttons and a cd slot.

I wouldnt mind changing the head unit to something a bit better looking but fancy keeping it true to the range and sticking with something that Alfa (or Pininfarina ?) would have fitted, probably with the dark grey surround to match the AC unit below it.

Are the sat nav/radio combos a straight swap, any antennas needed ?
I would want to keep the blue + me as well.

BTW mine is a 2008 Spider LE with the titanium consel fascia if that helps with matching up.

Any ideas ?

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have a standard sat nav with SD card slot. I also use the B&M dongle and have Ipod running through this, works really well. Disappointed with the sat nav though as it does not use post codes!

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
If you need a GPS antenna then Alfa will charge you more than the total cost of a decent head unit just for that one part ????

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I didn't go with a type that was factory fitted are there any recommendations that will fit flush and perfectly in the opening ?
I'm not after the most expensive loudest unit out there, i definately dont want a chaved up Corsa type light show going on in front of me either, I'm more than happy with the sound I get with this set up but a half decent radio with touch screen sat nav would look good and be a lot more useful than the one I have.
I suppose i can always keep the existing head unit to put it back to original later if I wanted to.

·
Registered
38,319 Posts
Search back through the mists of time.

From memory loads of people went for Pioneers AVIC models iirc.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Can't believe no one has mentioned, the CD stereo and the OEM satnav are different sizes (whole new fascia required). I'd go aftermarket ( have an Aviv myself). There is a sticky detailing the bits you'll need in the 159/ Brera section

·
Registered
38,319 Posts
Ate they really a different size?

They are both doubleDIN and
the facia is a solid aluminium
plate. I didn't think they did two
versions of that... :confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts