Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can anyone help my brera 2.4jtdm has started to develop a problem ever so often when its been running for a while mainly when running around town it will get very smoky from the exhaust smells very rich to and iv notice the exhaust note changes it sounds like its got a race exhaust when this happens if i stop and restart the engine it go;s back to normal and runs fine has anyone had this problem before I'm not getting any error codes at all

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi can anyone help my brera 2.4jtdm has started to develop a problem ever so often when its been running for a while mainly when running around town it will get very smoky from the exhaust smells very rich to and iv notice the exhaust note changes it sounds like its got a race exhaust when this happens if i stop and restart the engine it go;s back to normal and runs fine has anyone had this problem before I'm not getting any error codes at all
Try a bit of bed time reading on 'REGEN'......:readit: Not being sarcastic, rude or ..... please search and read and 'your problem will be explained' Cheers Agusta.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try a bit of bed time reading on 'REGEN'......:readit: Not being sarcastic, rude or ..... please search and read and 'your problem will be explained' Cheers Agusta.
already done that and it still do's this problem as checked all this out before iv asked the question sorry should have mentioned that on my post

·
Registered
711 Posts
What colour is the smoke? If it's white/grey then it might be that you've slightly over filled the oil. Happened to mine. Dip stick was right on the Max (it was me that topped it up) and smoke was pouring out. The guys at Alfashop :thumbup: sucked a little bit of oil out and result, no more smoke!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts