Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the chance to get a full set of seats from a new Brera S and would like to put them into my standard Brera.

What do I need to know so that I won't stuff up something by accident.

It seems pretty straight forward, but are there any tricks or tips that would be helpful.

My thanks in advance for your collective help.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
If you have a post 2008 MY car, the seats are the same as the standard seats.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
I would love to put the newer seats in my 07 Brera. I'm guessing not that simple?
Having gone directly from the newer seats to the older ones, I much prefer what I have now:thumbs:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
A bit of lateral.support wouldn't go a miss otherwise perfect!
Agreed:thumbs: The bases are too hard on the newer seats. Too much pressure on the backs of your thighs:(

·
Registered
813 Posts
So old seats are the best tradeoff in your op? I just think the newer ones look better. The metal plate in particular on the head rest....

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
So old seats are the best tradeoff in your op? I just think the newer ones look better. The metal plate in particular on the head rest....
They do look better & offer better lateral support but if I was offered a pair as a direct swap I'd say no:)

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Agreed:thumbs: The bases are too hard on the newer seats. Too much pressure on the backs of your thighs:(
I disagree, you forgot to caveat your statement with in your opinion :)

I think the newer seats are far better than the old ones. They have structure that holds you in position, i find in seats that are slablike i get chest pain due to the lack of support.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
It is indeed my opinion & one based on my large frame & knackered back:(

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
It is indeed my opinion & one based on my large frame & knackered back:(
I have to wonder if thats why mine had the plastic trim unhooked from the seat side. With it put back in place the seat base bolsters are much grippier, if someone was a bit larger than me they would feel a bit squashed.

·
Registered
813 Posts
So does anyone fancy an interior swap? Old seats for new :)

Mine have been worshipped with Gliptone Liquid Leather since the day i got the car. i.e Mint condition.

Any takers? :) That is if they can be swapped easily!

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
I'm relatively light and thin with a fully functional back and I also find the earlier seats more comfortable. SR is absolutley right about the newer seats being hard on the thighs - it's just not good for comfort.

Which is a shame because the newer seats have better lateral support and look at least as cool if not cooler...

·
Registered
813 Posts
I'm relatively light and thin with a fully functional back and I also find the earlier seats more comfortable. SR is absolutley right about the newer seats being hard on the thighs - it's just not good for comfort.

Which is a shame because the newer seats have better lateral support and look at least as cool if not cooler...
tried PM'ing you but your box is full.....

·
Registered
795 Posts
Are you able to do a stright swap for non heated seats for heated seats or does the harness need changing?
I know the 147 you can just plug and play with the heated seats so I am assuming they are the same? The button is on the side of the seat.

However the MiTo's heated seat buttons are located on the centre console under the armrest

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Yes, you can. Bases & wiring are the same. I'd love a set of 159Ti seats in my Brera!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Anyone know how easy it is to take the seats out? I would like to swap the base cushion of the passenger with the driver side, as the heating element is broken on the drivers side.. is this possible?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Anyone know how easy it is to take the seats out? I would like to swap the base cushion of the passenger with the driver side, as the heating element is broken on the drivers side.. is this possible?
Pretty easy to take the seats out. First and most important, disconnect the battery. I can't remember how long I left the battery disconnected before I started but is very important to avoid the air bags going off. I had the battery disconnecting for other jobs before I took the seats out and would suggest not connecting the battery until you have the seats back in and connected. Anyway.....

4 bolts, 1 in each end of the runners. The seat will then be loose but connected to the air bag wiring with 2 wires under the carpet near the tunnel. These are disconnected from the quick connector blocks (I'm sure there is a technical name for these connectors) under the carpet. It's a little awkward as you have the seat balanced on your arms, shoulder, head while your doing this. Then hey presto, lift the seat out. The seats are heavy though.

No idea however about swapping seat cushions as did not need to do any work on the seats.

P.S - have made quite a few 14-16 hour journeys in these seats ( earlier version ) and they are extremely comfortable. Although they do not have the side support for spirited driving I would like, they are great for a long journey.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts