Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,564 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
We should take bets on what it will make.

I reckon 11-12k

Cheers
MC

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
:eek: No reserve, selling all the time.....unless they bid on it :tut:

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
The company selling it appears to be some kind of loan company, so I'm guessing it's a repossession or the bailiffs have been in...

·
Registered
422 Posts
Yep, looks like a reposession from a log book loan company.... check out the APR on their loans! Looks like the person who had the car clearly couldn't afford it.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I read that as the bonnet catch - so you *know* nobody has looked under there for a while ...
You're right. I just assumed boot as bonnet not opening didn't compute!

That's changed things somewhat I think.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Bonnet catch

The bonnet catch on my Brera S is also knackered, which means I need a screwdriver to open the bonnet! Nice.

That ebay S looks a bit ropey to be fair.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
might keep a note of the reg, wouldn't be suprised to se it up for grabs elsewhere in a couple of months for a decent sum of money

·
Registered
236 Posts
Brera S Valet

You're right, it really does need a good valet.

It confuses me that anyone (or any organisation, presumably trying to make profit) would try and sell it without cleaning it, as it will really affect the selling price. Plus - the photos are appauling.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
might keep a note of the reg, wouldn't be suprised to se it up for grabs elsewhere in a couple of months for a decent sum of money
+ 1

Cheers
MC

·
Registered
422 Posts
You're right, it really does need a good valet.

It confuses me that anyone (or any organisation, presumably trying to make profit) would try and sell it without cleaning it, as it will really affect the selling price. Plus - the photos are appauling.
Because if it is repossession, they have to pay the customer back what extra they make from the sale of the goods over and above what is owed minus fees etc. Therefore, if it was a fairly small amount, they won't be bothered what sate it's in as long as they can recover the amount that's owed to them.

·
Registered
Maserati Quattroporte
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Only 2 days to go and at £5600 so far. Interesting what the final bid will be. I'm betting on £8.5k :)

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Only 2 days to go and at £5600 so far. Interesting what the final bid will be. I'm betting on £8.5k :)
I imagine a hectic final 5 mins. All depends how many are interested....

·
Registered
236 Posts
I've just had a look at the loan companies typical APR.

Borrow 5k over a year, pay back £12.1k - I feel rather sorry for anyone who's had to use them.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Here is probably what happened...

A logbook loan is one of the easiest & quickest ways to get the cash loan you need. You simply drive into your nearest Mobile Money branch, & drive out with your cash. You keep your car and we hold on to your logbook until you have repaid your loan. Drive in with your car & drive away with your cash. You KEEP your car – we just hold your logbook. A straightforward agreement paid out in cash.

If you’re having trouble getting a loan, why not use your car as security? At Mobile Money, we can offer you a same day loan based upon your car’s value and your ability to repay. It’s simple, quick and a great way to access the value of your car.
Simply fill in your details to apply for one of our logbook loans. It doesn’t matter if you have a poor credit record – as long as you own your car and there is no outstanding finance on the vehicle, we can provide you with a same day loan from £200 to £25,000, repayable in affordable monthly instalments. Once your loan is repaid we return the logbook and MOT certificate back to you. There’s no fuss, no waiting and your loan application is treated in the strictest confidence.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts