Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
My Brera S was reversed into, when parked on the road, today. Its a Cut&Dry case and the other party has already informed his insurance company it was his fault. The damage is to the passengers side door & rear side panel. Both have bends that I'm thinking are beyond panel beating.

Aberdeen has some good garages, but would any Alfa (specifically Brera?) drivers on the forum in the North East of Scotland or Scotland in general have advice/experience of a good body shop to go to for a bigger that "respray" job?

I've previously used PaintTechnic and they were good - but I'm thinking it might be best to go direct to a Alfa linked repair shop, even if it requires a longer journey if his insurance is paying?

I've attached a picture of the bump below, and though specific to one area the hidden damage is the slight concertinaing of the body work around the door.

Hopefully you'll have some steer/helpful advice.

Ta, Fra5er82

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi All,
My Brera S was reversed into, when parked on the road, today. Its a Cut&Dry case and the other party has already informed his insurance company it was his fault. The damage is to the passengers side door & rear side panel. Both have bends that I'm thinking are beyond panel beating.

Aberdeen has some good garages, but would any Alfa (specifically Brera?) drivers on the forum in the North East of Scotland or Scotland in general have advice/experience of a good body shop to go to for a bigger that "respray" job?

I've previously used PaintTechnic and they were good - but I'm thinking it might be best to go direct to a Alfa linked repair shop, even if it requires a longer journey if his insurance is paying?

I've attached a picture of the bump below, and though specific to one area the hidden damage is the slight concertinaing of the body work around the door.

Hopefully you'll have some steer/helpful advice.

Ta, Fra5er82
They will probably write it off as through insurance they would have to fit a new door and outer qtr skin, depends how old your car is... It s not horrendous but an awkward repair. You will have to paint the door shut and inner door possibly. A good bodyshop could pin pull it and filler it . They will have to paint the side and replace the plastic qtr stone chip guard too...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts