Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys/gals
Looking to trade in my 147 within the next few weeks for a brera 2.2. After seeing the great work Commanderfish has done and the results I've slowly moved away from the idea of a 147 GTA.
The first thing I would like to do is get some anthracite alloys :thumbs:. I wanted to go the 18" QV route but the cost to change the colour of the silver QV's on top of buying them brings the total nearer to the Brera S alloys. (my heart doing the maths here:lol:)

So main question is how often do these alloys pop up on the classified ads/ebay/gumtree etc.?
Or would I have to sell a few body parts and goto veloces/partworld?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

ps. No I havent taken tyres into consideration yet :cry:

·
Registered
46 Posts
The Brera S Prodrive 19 inch gun metal drive alloys were in hot demand and sold out some time ago.

The good news is there's been new supply manufactured in the last couple of months. So after some months of being unavailable, you can presently get supply of a new set, for example at EB Spares -

Wheels for Alfa GT

or Veloces

Veloces of London : Alfa Romeo Parts Store : Alfa BRERA/SPIDER Parts

and no doubt elsewhere, being genuine Alfa alloys. But they're expensive.

They do come up intermittently on eBay and elsewhere, but you need to be quick, because they're listed occasionally rather than frequently. That's not to say you couldn't have good luck and see a listing next week :)

Enjoy the Brera, good choice! :cool:

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info.. was expecting to get that answer which sucks but hey will have to wait it out and see what pops up first.. Ideally some 18" QV's in anthracite with tyres would be perfect but those 19's are ever so tempting..
Does going up the extra inch make a difference in terms of ride quality? most rounds where I live have speed bumps which means careful driving constantly. Will be a big difference to my 15's either way

·
Registered
139 Posts
Thanks for the info.. was expecting to get that answer which sucks but hey will have to wait it out and see what pops up first.. Ideally some 18" QV's in anthracite with tyres would be perfect but those 19's are ever so tempting..
Does going up the extra inch make a difference in terms of ride quality? most rounds where I live have speed bumps which means careful driving constantly. Will be a big difference to my 15's either way
My Brera S on 19s is a more comfortable ride than my old GT was on 18s however this will be do to with the suspension I guess.

I think 3 years with the GT made me immune to a bone crunching ride. Whenever i ride in a mercedes taxi (what they use in Ashford) it feels like i'm at sea!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts