Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
having followed the recent 159 servicing debate, i need to try to fathom out if it is the same for the brera.

initial call to dealer was standard: it's 21,000 miles or annually.

however reading the service and warranty booklet it states:
'the following service schedules are specific to uk and may differ from owners handbook'

'your vehicle maintenance programme is based on clearly defined mileage intervals except where low mileage annual service applies.'

then
'the actual interval for changing the oil and replacing the filter depends on the vehicle usage and is signalled by a warning light message'

finally
'low mileage means below 9000 for brera'
'all vehicles must be serviced in accordance with the full service every 2 years'

so based on all that, i can deduce the following:
below 9000 car needs annual service
after that, it just depends on whether the light comes on or you reach 18000 miles or 2 years.

its a pity but i just don't trust the dealers to give a correct answer on this one.
anyone have some helpful advice?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi Gazhants,

I'm working on the same idea, however the annual low mileage service seems little more than is covered by the MOT so I'm not really planning on paying AR £150 to check my wipers.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
£395 is way too much for the sort (type) or service you get.

I paid my local trusted independent (Intaservices Leicester) £143 for a fuller service (inc. pollen filter) and my warranty is still intact.

My advice. If you own & pay for your car, use an Indie. If it's a company or lease car, get a dealer to do it:)

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks all.
another day, another call to another dealer.
apparantly it is now 18,000 miles, or 2 years whichever comes first.

btw how do you know which independent will keep your warranty intact, is it as simple as asking them or checking with ARUK?

·
Registered
257 Posts
I too have been told 4 different things by 4 different dealers:
Dealer 1: 21k or 2 years, whichever is sooner.
Dealer 2: 21k or 1 year, whichever .
Dealer 3: 21k or 1 year, less than 11k and you can have a low milage service.
Dealer 4: 21k or 2 years although an anual safety check is required.

I have also spoken to ARUK and guess what....they didn't know! In the end the bloke just read from the Service booklet which was useless!
I have since sent a snotty e-mail to ARUK and told them to find me someone who actually knows what they're talking about!

I'll let you know the results when (and if) they get back to me.

N

·
0 Posts
Hasn't this been done to death yet?

It's 24 months or 30K km for left-hand-drive cars
and whatever the dealer/concessionaire wants it
to be for right-hand-drive cars.

Simple.

;)

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well if it has been 'done to death' there still seems a lot of confusion.

@skydiver - i did in the end get an email from ARUK confirming 21k or 2 years.
i can pm you a ref and contact name if you want it.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Okay this is what I have worked out:

[At the end of the first year you need a service. (This is the only bit I question, actually - I think the dealer made it up)].

After that you need a service on the sooner of 2 years or 18K miles since previous service for 06 and 07 cars, or 21k for 08 and later cars.

Low mileage service is for cars that have done less than 9000 miles since last service and it's exactly the same as the normal service except without pollen filter change, so only comes out about £30 cheaper.

The Oil Change is NOT THE SAME THING as the service. This is independent of servicing, and is triggered by an oil quality sensor which gives you a light on the dashboard! I would suggest getting them to change your oil when they do the service, they should only charge you for the oil.

N

·
0 Posts
The Oil Change is NOT THE SAME THING as the service. This is independent of servicing, and is triggered by an oil quality sensor which gives you a light on the dashboard! I would suggest getting them to change your oil when they do the service, they should only charge you for the oil.
That's only on the Diesel.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've just been phoning around a number of AR dealers in Scotland & England about this (as I managed to get my next service included in my Brera S's sales agreement, result), so wanted to get the service point correct and here's what I found:

Since 2008 (New 08 plate start date) all Brera's only have to be serviced at 2yrs of age or at 21000 miles, if reached before there 2yrs old, to satisfy the manufactures warranty. It’s not 18000 as I & a few of us thought, or 1 yr old.

Hope this helps,
Fra5er82

1 - 17 of 17 Posts