Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

im wondering how expensive running a brera might be? Id be very greatful if somebody could advise?

I used to have a GT JTD and was very impressed with it but the clutch was very expensive to replace.

How much would it cost to:

-replace timing belt (does the water pump need doing also). How often does it need changing?
-Replace the clutch (will it require a new flywheel also?)
-Does the brera have a DPF? will this need replacing?

Also whats the MPG like?
Any other information would be useful

Thanks
Christian

·
Registered
127 Posts
Cookci,

I assume you're thinking of a JTDM Brera?

If so I can only help with MPG as I've only had my car for 3 weeks so far. I've averaged about 31mpg, but this has been mainly on short journey's. When I've done the odd longer one it's been between 35-38mpg.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
975 Posts
Hi,

im wondering how expensive running a brera might be? Id be very greatful if somebody could advise?

I used to have a GT JTD and was very impressed with it but the clutch was very expensive to replace.

How much would it cost to:

-replace timing belt (does the water pump need doing also). How often does it need changing?
-Replace the clutch (will it require a new flywheel also?)
-Does the brera have a DPF? will this need replacing?

Also whats the MPG like?
Any other information would be useful

Thanks
Christian
My 07 2.4 Brera is in for a Cambelt/pump change today, and along with a major service it's £660 at an Alfa Indie. Approx. £300-500 for the belt and pump, depending on where you go. It's the first replacement for mine at 5 years/60k.

It does have a DPF, and it's a pain. Doesn't need replacing, but a lot of people remove them along with a remap, which is highly recommended (this year hopefully!:thumbs:)

MPG averages around 35 with mostly A-road driving, increases by approx 10% with said remap

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So the cambelt doesnt sound like a big job... perhaps something i can do DIY? (ive done 2 before on other cars)

The DPF never needs replacing? Thats good as on the BMW's i was looking at they need replacing at 130K however i heard they can go more often than that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts