Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I have just refurbished the trailing arms for my brera

I am going re fit them now, so could someone tell me what torque the bolts need to be tightened to please?

I haven’t got an Elearn CD so could someone help me out please

Many thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Depends on how they have been refurbished. If they have the original rubber front pivot the torque is very high because the rubber is meant to squirm from a fixed and rigid location. If they are plastic then you won't have the same suspension characteristic and they probably move without the designed 'rear steer'.

Also on the proper rubber they need to be set at a particular angle (probably about 20 degrees down). Maybe the elearn has this but I believe Alfa expect you to buy the complete trailing arm with the joint already assembled at the correct angle and torque.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depends on how they have been refurbished. If they have the original rubber front pivot the torque is very high because the rubber is meant to squirm from a fixed and rigid location. If they are plastic then you won't have the same suspension characteristic and they probably move without the designed 'rear steer'.

Also on the proper rubber they need to be set at a particular angle (probably about 20 degrees down). Maybe the elearn has this but I believe Alfa expect you to buy the complete trailing arm with the joint already assembled at the correct angle and torque.
Thanks for the info! So only that one bolt which holds the Bush in place needs to be torqued the rest of the bolts just need to be tightened ?

Any one else got any help and actual torque figures from the elearn cd Rom? would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
My eLearn disc won't go any further than showing me some pictures of the arm and its fixtures - there's no text on the page?

Looking at it another way, here's the bit related to the subframe refitting, and I think that these may be useful - if the 'blade' is the arm.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
My eLearn disc won't go any further than showing me some pictures of the arm and its fixtures - there's no text on the page?

Looking at it another way, here's the bit related to the subframe refitting, and I think that these may be useful - if the 'blade' is the arm.
The Blade is the lateral flat sprung steel blade.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Thanks for having a look mate

cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts