Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, have finally answered the midlife crisis call and got myself a 2008 Brera last week, didn't come with an audio system user manual, so can't tell whether it is blue or me, have phone controls on steering wheel, but not sure if this particular radio is up to it. It's the really awful sounding factory fit one. does anyone know where I can find out whether it is rigged for steering controls.
Also has anyone had any dealing with the chinese double din radios seem like a good buy given what they come with for the price.

thanks in advance for any help or advice from a once Alfa virgin :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
When you turn on the engine the multifunction display should display 'blue and me', you should also have. Windows usb slot in the glove box!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi, have finally answered the midlife crisis call and got myself a 2008 Brera last week, didn't come with an audio system user manual, so can't tell whether it is blue or me, have phone controls on steering wheel, but not sure if this particular radio is up to it. It's the really awful sounding factory fit one. does anyone know where I can find out whether it is rigged for steering controls.
Also has anyone had any dealing with the chinese double din radios seem like a good buy given what they come with for the price.

thanks in advance for any help or advice from a once Alfa virgin :thumbup:
I had one of the chinese double din units. Seemed good for £400 but had trerrible radio reception and would not work at all in some areas. It gave up completely after a year. I binned it and got a Kenwood. Pricey but you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks folks for your advice, on radio system, and chinese radios, good old Pioneer / Kenwood / Sony unit it shall be.
Have to say after 2 weeks of owning an Brera has to be one of the nicest cars I have driven

·
Registered
38,319 Posts
The problem with the Brera is the lack of rear base. If you fit a powered sub in the
boot it more-or-less fixes the problem.

There is even easy access to a sturdy 12V from the rear fuse panel in the boot.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
The problem with the Brera is the lack of rear base. If you fit a powered sub in the
boot it more-or-less fixes the problem.

There is even easy access to a sturdy 12V from the rear fuse panel in the boot.
Agreed, needs a sub and if you upgrade the front speakers you can disconnect the rears a they are pants.

Would of been nice if the previous installer knew about the 12V in the boot, They run the wire all the way to the front. I just reused their wiring.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, yep there is definately a poor sound system in these, which really does spoil the whole package

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Yes, the standard radio/cd isn't great. Not as good as my old GT, that's for sure. However, it's not one of my top priorities at the moment so I'll live with it..

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yes, the standard radio/cd isn't great. Not as good as my old GT, that's for sure. However, it's not one of my top priorities at the moment so I'll live with it..
Oh, I was thinking there was a fault with my speakers/headunit/wiring. They pritty much have Zero bass, even on +10 bass :paranoid:

Very disappointing for such a good car in every other aspect.

·
Registered
38,319 Posts

It is more or less the same Blaupunkt sourced headunit as in the 147 era cars. And is fine in the 159.

The issue is in the non-Bose Breras the speaker
set-up is woefully lacking any bass.

If you fix that it's fine

1 - 11 of 11 Posts