Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Perhaps you're right.
I was starting to get concerned that my Prodrive was a fake as I noticed the majority of them have the debossed badges wher mine has the embossed version...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No I don't have the certificate, but I was aware of this before I bought it. (I had done plenty of research, and took the plunge regardless).
I spoke to alfa uk, gave them the chassis number and they confirmed it was a prodrive model. It has all the bits and bobs, yellow dampers, seats, exhausts, S badge etc so I was just curious why some of the badges were different.

My conclusion is that the 2008 models has the more desirable inner red version and the 2009 models have the less desirable raised badge...

·
Registered
642 Posts
No I don't have the certificate, but I was aware of this before I bought it. (I had done plenty of research, and took the plunge regardless).

I spoke to alfa uk, gave them the chassis number and they confirmed it was a prodrive model. It has all the bits and bobs, yellow dampers, seats, exhausts, S badge etc so I was just curious why some of the badges were different.

My conclusion is that the 2008 models has the more desirable inner red version and the 2009 models have the less desirable raised badge...

I wouldn’t worry about it, yours sounds genuine anyway. It’s not anything to do with model year, they were all put together at pretty much the same time, just registered at different times. Mines an ‘09 and has the original ones.

The S badges themselves were made in a much larger quantity than just the 500 Prodrives as they found their way onto the non Prodrive ‘S’ models too. It’s probably the same thing with those, some with the raised ones some without. For whatever reason there just ended up being two different types, perhaps a result of using two different suppliers or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
This is original debossed Sv6 badges part number 46003545/6/7/8
I have them as original equipment fitted to both my later 2009 cars
Never seen bossed badges before maybe fake as someone has said all the cars were
done together so would of thought 2.2 and V6 badges would have came from the same manufacturer.
Lee

Attachments

·
Registered
775 Posts
The flat “faded” S badges are the original and rare ones.

The raised badge ones were never fitted to any original prodrive.

They are reproduction badges that were produced by a genuine Alfa Romeo supplier/manufacturer.

These were made available at around £20 for the pair and subsequently were sold in the masses and put on many standard brera’s.

However, if your genuine prodrive is fitted with the new raised badge, it means that it has likely been resprayed or damaged at some point, as the original badges were brittle and broke when removed.

I have a friend who has a prodrive that was sideswiped and repaired by insurance a few years ago and the body shop replaced the badge on the one side with the new shape, and old shape on the other side so it looked very odd.

Has your prodrive ever had any bodywork/respray done to it? As if it has to your knowledge then this will be why the badges are different ?

I’m happy to be challenged on this, however this is everything that I have been told (with all my prodrive knowledge) and I’d be glad to be corrected if I’m wrong, but anyway that is what I have been told

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmmm thats interesting...
To my knowledge it never has been damaged / resprayed but having said that I am the 4th owner so you never really know.
Good to hear different opinions though!

·
Registered
775 Posts
One of the easiest ways to tell if your Brera has ever been resprayed is to.. obviously look at the paint

However brera’s suffer from “orange peel” effect on the paint, I personally like this and you will be able to see it on reflective/polished parts of the paint on metal parts of the body

If it’s a nice smooth “solid” paint finish then it’s like that it’s been resprayed or partially sprayed at some point

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ah okay - now i'm really confused...
Which are the domed and embossed ones?
See my first post on this thread - Embossed are the ones on the red paint work and debossed are the ones on the black paintwork - correct?
What is meant by domed - is that embossed (raised)?

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Correct....domed = raised,rounded top. Embossed = sunken or indented top.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Emboss = raised;
deboss = sunken.

LOL.

·
Registered
Alfa Romeo Brera 2.2 JTS 2008
20 Posts
This is original debossed Sv6 badges part number 46003545/6/7/8
I have them as original equipment fitted to both my later 2009 cars
Never seen bossed badges before maybe fake as someone has said all the cars were
done together so would of thought 2.2 and V6 badges would have came from the same manufacturer.
Lee
Hello!
From where can I buy this Prodrive S badges?
Because mine need a replace.
Thanks

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
Mr Ebay is your friend

·
Registered
642 Posts
Join Club S Prodrive Register on Facebook, we’re looking into having some remanufactured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 24 Posts