Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

So I as doing so general browsing yesterday and stumbled upon what appeared to be press release photos for the Brera. Some of these photos stood out to me as the number plate for one of the cars was more than familiar to me.

Is there a list anywhere of all the brera press vehicles? if so, is there anyway of confirming the early history of these cars and how they were treated/maintained?

·
Registered
34,804 Posts
A friend of mine got the job of driving the press Brera in Italy for the Car Magazine photographer. He did the same for the Giulia Quadrifoglio at Balocco. I wouldn’t say they are cherished..
There’s a copy of Intersection magazine where a press-launch Audi TT is driven into a swimming pool because they crush their press cars rather than selling them as they’re generally Confirmation Prototypes.
A friend was in Tuscany at the press launch of the Ford Focus CC and they rebuild the cars each evening with new bumpers etc pre-prepared.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
See this worries me even more.

Is there anyway of getting confirmation of Brera UK press cars? And where they are now?

·
Registered
34,804 Posts
Fiat don’t seem to have the same policy as Audi to keep early/prototype cars off the market. I’m sure they look after them and they’ve all had a good “Italian tuning” in the early career! I believe a Giulia Quadrifoglio on here was a press car.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I’m safe to assume that my car was a press vehicle in its early life. Which hopefully doesn’t cause me any problems now that the car is getting on a bit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts