Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Brera TBi
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, delighted to say I have acquired the Brera TBI off another forum member on here, but am completely new to Breras and have a lot to learn.

The left hand wing mirror has taken a knock at some point and is a bit cracked, but it does still powerfold however.

Both mirrors have a bit of wobble at motorway speeds (the left is worse) which makes the reflection blurry and jiggle around and if you feel both of the mirrors by hand they have a fair amount of play in them.

Firstly, is this normal for Brera mirrors to have some play? Do they loosen over time? Could it be because they've been in a minor accident at some point?

Secondly, I'll probably look at replacing them, as my OCD gets the better of me, but I'm not sure which part number I need.

I understand in the UK that all Breras had powerfold mirrors. Whereas in overseas markets, non skyview cars didn't have powerfold as standard.

In addition to this, my Brera has fully electric memory seats which also control the memory position of the mirrors. When you select reverse gear the left side mirror dips.

So will any powerfolding mirror work? Is the memory controlled by another module in the car and nothing to do with the mirror itself? Or do I need to track down a specific "memory" mirror?

EPER suggests it could be multiple part numbers... REARVIEW MIRRORS ALFA-ROMEO BRERA COUPE' M.Y. (2008-2010)

Many thanks,

Richard

·
Registered
Brera TBi
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll have a look into that to see if I can tighten them up a bit.

However this still leave me wanting to replace the nearside mirror due to the large crack in it. From further research it looks like there are in fact 3 different types of mirrors for the Spider / Brera:

Non powerfold (non existent in the UK market, but if buying parts from overseas then need to be cognisant of whether they're powerfold or not)
Powerfold (the standard spec for the UK market cars)
Powerfold with memory (only fitted if you full electric / memory seats).

I haven't yet figured out which part number corresponds to which type of mirror. There is also then the further possibility that mirrors with memory are sided for LHD / RHD countries. I.e. when selecting reverse the passenger side mirror dips down, this could be controlled by something in the mirror and not a module elsewhere in the car / the seats?

Looking at the Eper for an older model Brera reveals the part numbers with a slightly better description for all three types: REARVIEW MIRRORS ALFA-ROMEO BRERA COUPE' (2005-2008)

For RHD markets, i.e. UK:

156070446 - Offside standard non-powerfold (not available in the UK but available in other RHD markets)
156070345 - Nearside standard non-powerfold (not available in the UK but available in other RHD markets)

156070448 - Offside powerfold (standard UK mirror)
156070347 - Nearside powerfold (standard UK mirror)

156070450 - Offside powerfold with memory (for cars with memory seats)
156070349 - Nearside powerfold with memory (for cars with memory seats)

I think I now know which parts to hunt for. Hopefully this is useful to other people in the future.

Richard

·
Registered
912 Posts
Interesting. I'm currently working on upgrading to memory mirrors. I was leaning towards the module being different and the mirrors the same. I'll know soon if the mirrors themselves are different. This is on a 159 mind not a Brera.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts