Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Now, I don't know the proper name for the part. There is a piece of plastic trim, a triangle, that clips into the door by the wing mirror. Took the car to a car-wash and the left hand one broke off. Must have been a little loose to start with. Thankfully wasn't a drive-through wash, so haven't lost the part.

Looks like part of the molding inside the piece snapped, so some of the mounting is still attached, but the nice shiney black plastic piece isn't.

Will try seeing if good old super glue does the trick to attach it back in one piece (probably not, despite its purpose it never seems to work for me!). In case that fails:

1 - Anyone know where I can one of these pieces?
2 - How to fit them? Does it simply push in, if I can get the piece that's been left attached out?

Thanks!

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
It happened to mine, same reason some over eager sponge monkey with a power washer :rolleyes:

I used epoxy resin let it go tacky, stuck it back on and held it in place with sticking plasters for an hour, it's a good as new now :)

I used sticking plasters so I didn't damage the lacquer :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems to be holding for now, but still feels a little loose, flexes a bit. I'll just have to wait and see, and hope it doesn't come flying off down the motorway. Then it may well be time to buy a replacement. For now, emergency double sided sticky pads (those little spongey things with sticky stuff on both sides) tucked in the boot.

At least it's not an RAC job, unlike before Christmas. Had a flat. Got all the bolts off, and car up, but the wheel was damn near welded on to the hub. Didn't have a mallet with me to whack the back of the wheel to loosen it! Every other car I've had the wheel has come off nicely. Won't be making that mistake again!

·
Registered
23 Posts
where can i find this part?

i know this topic is quite old but if any of you guys knows where to find this piece would be greatly appreciated. I lost that triangle on my Brera on the driver's side and cannot seem to locate such a piece online. Anyone has a clue?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi, how do you change it, or tighten it? My outer triangle ornament is loose/slack and I should tighten it. I have opened inside triangle cover (plastic) , but I didn't find any nut/screw, which is used to tighten the outside door ornament (black triangle). Has anybody done this before? Only picture which Ii have found is here, but what to do for interior parts to find a nut. https://www.fiatdalys.lt/en/catalog/parts/707/40/0/2/12/177ABC101000/ZAR93900005031920/0/0/0/rearview-mirrors#156067305

1 - 5 of 5 Posts