Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow alfisti.

Unfortunately I had an accident with my 2.4 jtd sky view Brera that sent it to junkyard (well not yet but soon).

I am buying a 2005 GT next week, with 78000km, and still have the accidented Brera. So I was wondering what I could upgrade in the GT from the brera.
The turbo in the Brera is better isn't it? Could I transfer it to the GT? Is it direct or would I need other parts or adaptations?
The gearbox, flywheel and clutch are almost new (I changed them in December 2010 and it the car in November 2011). Are any of the transferable?
The GT doesnt have light or rain sensors. Are the brera ones transferable? And the barebones brakes in the Brera? Do they fit in the GT?

Thanks in advance for all the help.
Best regards,
Bruno

·
Registered
594 Posts
Can't help you in the parts you mentioned, but I've been wondering if the sun-visors from a Brera will fit a GT because the one's in the GT only have a couple of positions were as (i've heard) the one's in the Brera can be set to whichever angle suits you?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yep, sunvisors in brera can bet put in any angle. But in the 05 gt I tried, and I think it also did that. Cheers

·
Registered
594 Posts
I'd check again, because I've not heard of a GT that has sun-visors that will stay in any position you set them in; they are usually all the way down (which covers half your view unless you sit down and back like bad boy), flipped up to the window screen, or up to their resting place next to the roof. If you do a search, I think you'll find that it's an annoyance with GT owners.

Out of curiosity, can you do me a favour and measure the distance between the connections of the sun-visor and take a pic of them for me; I'd like to know if they do actually fit or not before I buy some, cheers.

C

·
0 Posts
The GT is based on the 156/147 platform which can trace it roots back through many models (155/145/GTV and earlier) where the Brera is based on the 159 platform. There will be very little commonality between the cars if anything at all.

The windscreen wiper sensor won't fit and neither will the brakes.

·
Identity Confirmed, Authorised Trader
1,096 Posts
Chris155 is correct - there will be very little if anything at all that you can change over with a striaght fit. That said anything is possible with a hell of a lot of time and money but it just wouldn't be worth doing. Clutch and DMF is different as is the gearbox and the brakes too. They are 2 completely different platforms as the 159/Brera chassis was an all new development.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd check again, because I've not heard of a GT that has sun-visors that will stay in any position you set them in; they are usually all the way down (which covers half your view unless you sit down and back like bad boy), flipped up to the window screen, or up to their resting place next to the roof. If you do a search, I think you'll find that it's an annoyance with GT owners.

Out of curiosity, can you do me a favour and measure the distance between the connections of the sun-visor and take a pic of them for me; I'd like to know if they do actually fit or not before I buy some, cheers.
Thank you all for the answers.
V-kash, the car is crashed and in the dealer shop. It was a heavy crash and I don't feel much like revisiting the whole thing. But if I go there to remove anything I'll measure it. No prob

As for the rest, I imagined those would be the answers. But I remember reading a brera f1 thread I think, here in AO, where they talked about increasing performance of the brera by substituting the turbo by a bigger one.
So I thought, maybe I could put the brera's turbo in the gt and gain some hp/torque. Am I wrong?

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
If it wa that bad a crash you should at least go and say thankyou for saving your life ;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So, can I use the turbo in the GT?

And how about the brakes, can the brembo from the Brera fit in the GT?

C

·
0 Posts
Don't know about the turbo, but as I have already stated, the brakes will not fit!

If you hit a wall at 60mph, then I'd be very surprised if the turbo is still in a salvageable condition anyway.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
The turbo isn't bolt on although JS_JTD has a thread where he's mated it to his 1.9 147. A lot of work though with custom manafold and cutting the compressor housing apart and welding old bits from the orignal on etc. As chris says it'll probably be knackered though :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts