Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, just come across from the 156 area.

Had a 156 2.0 TS Veloce for the past five years and sold it privately today.

My intention was to get a 2.0 JTS GT for about £12 - £13K, however having been looking for a couple of months they seem to have gone up in price. I am told that there is a shortage of used GT's around this price range.

Having looked at the Brera's for sale I would probaly be able to get an 06 plate 2.2 JTS Brear for the same sort of money...... so theres my dilema.

What advice would you give me........ what are the service inetervals for a Brera. Do they need cam belts evry 3 years like the 156 and GT. What are the different models and what do you get with each of them.

Any advice from Brera owners would be apreciated.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'm not a Brera owner (159 Ti), but I'd go for the Brera since its altogether newer design/technology. GT is a bit more practical (space wise), but the Brera is absolutely stunning both inside and out. Interior of the GT is same as my old 147, which is good, but may be getting a tad dated now

Just my opinion. Both cars are great, but I'd go for the Brera every time

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
Personally I would look at both and then make up my mind. I cannot fit comfortably inn the seats of a GT and that would make my choice very easy. ;)

NB in my case the 159 TI seats are even worse than the GT....
When I look at all the people who are much, much 'bigger' than me around I think that Alfa only wants skinny people driving their cars....
No wonder they are not selling well !

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
2.2 Brera has a cam chain so no belt changes required :)

·
Registered
586 Posts
Brera!

Service intervals are 18k Miles

More of a modern feel and drive than the GT

IMO: Better Looking :cool:

·
Registered
76 Posts
I was in a similar boat, I went for the Brera as I found the 1.9 GT's a little under powered for me, go with the 2.4 Brera I promise you, you wont be disappointed. Might have to stretch about 1-2k more though

1 - 9 of 9 Posts