Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has probably been discussed before but I was told by the dealer that yes the gear change from 2nd to 3rd was notchy but this was normal for this car and so there is nothing that can be done. The other gear changes seem to be okay.

Is this normal, does every car have the same problem as was suggested by the dealer?

If so I will learn to live with it if not I will escalate this to ARUK.

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Mine's a bit notchy when cold but much better once fully warmed up :)

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
It's a bit notchy in mine too. you get used to it:)

·
Registered
43,564 Posts

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Am I missing somthing here or is it private?
And breathe :p

Private :confused:

You're missing an 'e' from something :p

Phnar Phnar as said by Finbar Saunders in Viz !! ;)

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
:p

:lol:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
I'm having a new gearbox fitted as the dealer changed the oil and it's still the same. Thought it might loosen up but at 13k it's got worse rather than better:( Anything other than a slow change from 2nd to 3rd results in a mechanical crunch:eek:

·
Registered
384 Posts
that mechanical crunch is very bad news , worn synchromesh , that is not right , once that comes to any gearbox it will never go away and can only get worse how much warranty do you have left?

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
I have this issue with 3rd in mine also and was wondering about getting it checked - I am on 3rd year warranty which expires late March 2009. Not a major issue IMO just an annoyance, should I be more worried?

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Anyone? Is this issue likely to lead on to a bigger problem?

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
IMO No !! ;)

The noise from my gear changes is caused by the gate and not the synchomesh has has been (scaremongerly) suggested :rolleyes:

N

·
0 Posts
What The Joker said.

As I said the "problem" with the gear shift on the 147
felt the same. No real issue.

;)

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Good stuff :thumbs: - That is what I had thought but you all know how this site can cause unecessary worry!

I did not want a dealer doing a major job like a gearbox change on my motor anyway.

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts