Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Car is 2006 Brera LHD
Original seats are grey/black leather seats. Electric reclining, no heating, manual height and longitudinal adjustment. Electric folding mirrors. LH 9pin, RH 7pin.

New seats are full black Poltrona Frau leather (2006). Fully electric, heating and memory.

Seat swap went smoothly. Connectors matched, no wobble, electrics and memory presets work as expected. Of course had to do proxy alignment do to new modules.

Now the problem is mirrors move randomly on startup. Sometimes they go down, sometimes up, etc.
As far as I understand I need to swap mirrors to have memory option (extra 4pins per mirror). So far options are:
  • change to new/used mirrors with memory
  • swap only actuator motors with memory option. Should be 7 pin instead of current 3 pin
  • disable mirror memory function while retaining horizontal and vertical glass adjustment.
So far I'm investigating actuator motors. 159 uses 71740981 (3pin, no memory) and 71740982 (7pin, with memory) actuator motors. Brera uses different MCI branded actuator motors. According to eLearn they cannot be ordered on their own. Though Brera's look similar to used in some Peugeot/VW models. Will remove one motor over the weekend to write down all the markings. Any info on Brera's

Any photo/model/markings of actuator motor with memory for Brera is welcome.

·
Registered
Brera TBi
142 Posts
How did your research progress?

I ask because my car has memory mirrors, but one is a bit bashed up and I'd like to replace. But memory mirrors are white expensive to buy and would much rather swap over a few parts inside if cheaper and readily available?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts