Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I am considering buying a Brera V6Q4 (today), however I need to find some additional luggage solutions such as roof racks and/or a towar. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
443 Posts
Hi:) ,roof rack???towbar????................NO!Rather buy a Volvo:)
I agree - I thought about a tow bar & roof rack for my 147 but then came to my senses!! :cheese: So last year I took 2 cars when I went camping - one for carrying the luggage etc & the Alfa for driving when I got there. Now I've bought a more practical car for the camping holidays to have a tow bar etc fitted to. Still got the Alfa but decided it would be criminal to fit a tow bar & roofrack:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi

I am considering buying a Brera V6Q4 (today), however I need to find some additional luggage solutions such as roof racks and/or a towar. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks
What great advice, you guys are so helpful...and I thought I maybe wasting my time with a forum...I'll look elsewhere.

ps my 996 Porsche had a bike solution that didnt require buying a Volvo.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Hiya welcome to AO. Dont worry about the taunting its all part of the fun! I'm still thinking of a tow bar for my Spider , but PLEASE dont tell anyone!

The best I'd suggest is something easily detachable, tow bar or roof rack so when its not in use your bella still looks beautiful!

Dan

·
Registered
443 Posts
What great advice, you guys are so helpful...and I thought I maybe wasting my time with a forum...I'll look elsewhere.

ps my 996 Porsche had a bike solution that didnt require buying a Volvo.
Don't be offended...the comments are meant to be light hearted. This site is really useful .... honestly. I've learned loads about my car since I've been here:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hiya welcome to AO. Dont worry about the taunting its all part of the fun! I'm still thinking of a tow bar for my Spider , but PLEASE dont tell anyone!

The best I'd suggest is something easily detachable, tow bar or roof rack so when its not in use your bella still looks beautiful!

Dan
Possible solution found; an American company has adapted a suction cup arrangement from the glass industry (used for transporting glass) for carrying items on cars such as additional luggage, surf boards, etc. The suction cups can (apparently) be easily attached to the car body, roof & windows and removed with no damage. Given the large rear glass rear window of the Brera & its glass roof, this option is worth a try. I’ve ordered a set & will update this post with the results. And obviously I purchased the Brera (V6Q4)...it replaces a very sensible but boring BMW 2006 E61 Touring.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
You can buy a generic inflatable strap on "roof rack". I can;t recall where I read about this but think it was in Autoexpress.

I guess any towbar would have to be bespoke.

Welcome BTW:D

Cheers,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts