Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a little bit help
My Brera 2.4 JTDM came to me with only 1 key :( I contacted as many of the previous owners as I could find, all with no luck.
Having managed to programme a key for my old Alfa GT I set about the Brera.
I removed the IMMO and it looked exactly like the one from the GT - don't be fooled here though I found out the Brera immo is tied to something (probable the key sensor on the dash) Unlike the GT the controlling code is the micro EEprom where as the GT it was in flash memory.
I extracted the flash from the Micro Controller.
I strip the key and found the ID 46 controller was a PCF7941 - this also controls the remote.

I used EFFI 2.7.2 mode 173 with the little Chinese zed-bull and got the immo code from the previously obtained flash.
I then managed to programme a spare ID 46 chip (PCF 7935) and used MultiECUScan to pair it to the car and presto it started the car.

So far its cost me nothing and I think I am on a winner

I then got hold of a second hand remote, purchased a virgin PCF7941 and soldered it on to the remote printed circuit board.
Now comes the problem - when I try to programme it using the mode 173 it fails. - Transponder error - Error 2_2
When I read the remote it reads fine and is in password + Manchester mode - after checking my working key it shows locked.

Does anybody know how to get of over this or even what is casing it.

If I can get over this final hurdle I will post a how to with pictures

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Wow...that would be great. there is a guy that says he can do it...but not happy about sending my one key to him!! Most "experts" say its not possible on the 159 based cars.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looking for a little bit help
My Brera 2.4 JTDM came to me with only 1 key :( I contacted as many of the previous owners as I could find, all with no luck.
Having managed to programme a key for my old Alfa GT I set about the Brera.
I removed the IMMO and it looked exactly like the one from the GT - don't be fooled here though I found out the Brera immo is tied to something (probable the key sensor on the dash) Unlike the GT the controlling code is the micro EEprom where as the GT it was in flash memory.
I extracted the flash from the Micro Controller.
I strip the key and found the ID 46 controller was a PCF7941 - this also controls the remote.

I used EFFI 2.7.2 mode 173 with the little Chinese zed-bull and got the immo code from the previously obtained flash.
I then managed to programme a spare ID 46 chip (PCF 7935) and used MultiECUScan to pair it to the car and presto it started the car.

So far its cost me nothing and I think I am on a winner

I then got hold of a second hand remote, purchased a virgin PCF7941 and soldered it on to the remote printed circuit board.
Now comes the problem - when I try to programme it using the mode 173 it fails. - Transponder error - Error 2_2
When I read the remote it reads fine and is in password + Manchester mode - after checking my working key it shows locked.

Does anybody know how to get of over this or even what is casing it.

If I can get over this final hurdle I will post a how to with pictures

I have the same issue, one fob, but with the spare blade. I've obtained a new fob shell with bateery , blank blade and 3 micro switches but no mother board. Do you know how I can obtain a motherboard? please contact [email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts