Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone got a big problem with my Brera 2.4 yesterday it went in for th dpf to be cleaned out on way home it just cut out on me and wouldn't restart I looked under Bonnet and there was oil all over the dipstick had come out and pushed oil out after getting the car towed home I notice the air box was dripping oil out of it I took airflow meter of and it had oil all in it and pipes to I think this is my turbo gone but don't understand why dipstick was forced out and car won't fire it try's to but won't any idea people

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
Was it 'cleaned' or removed?! Take it back to whoever did it
Only thought is they did a forced regen and somehow overdid it, it's known that evens can force fuel into the dump and cause an increase in oil level, but yours sounds ridiculous.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeh it had a force regen as it was at 71% clogged before now it's at 31% so is this why my turbo has gone the turbo was makin a funny sound the last few weeks aswell so I would say it was on its way out wouldn't boost correctly also but I thought the car would still run if turbo had gone

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
First thing, have you checked the oil level in the sump, my Lotus has a very tired engine and if pushed it creates so much crank pressure the oil is force out, the dipstick is even pushed out. If it is down on oil, it would suggest to me that you have have some kind of mechanical failure with a piston/Pistons. If the sump is full or over full, then I would suggest giblets response is nearer the mark. Good Luck!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's oil in it iv checked that when trying to crank over there's smoke aswell in the airflow pipe to the airbox

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Unfortunately I don't know enough about Diesel engines but smoke(fumes) in the intake seems a little odd. When you crank it over does it sound "normal", or is it spinning over faster? Another thought, is the engine light on, if so an you get the errors read? Is it possible that the oil seal on the intake side has gone on the turbo ? Sorry more questions than answers.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unfortunately I don't know enough about Diesel engines but smoke(fumes) in the intake seems a little odd. When you crank it over does it sound "normal", or is it spinning over faster? Another thought, is the engine light on, if so an you get the errors read? Is it possible that the oil seal on the intake side has gone on the turbo ? Sorry more questions than answers.
cranks over normal no engine lights on or codes at all

1 - 7 of 7 Posts