Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to take the front wheels off my Brera and take a look at the brakes (now sorted), the tyres (properly) and the condition of the wheel arches generally.

I know that you can jack the car using the jack in the boot and the square locating points on the sills, but I have a trolley jack I'd like to use. I am assuming that there are some inboard points at which the dealers can locate the lifing arms on their hydraulic lifts.

Anyone know? :thumbs:

·
Registered
70 Posts
old thread hijack...

I want to jack up my Brera and lower onto axle stands (doing the callipers) so where do I put the axle stands if I use the jacking points with the jack? Or.. where do I jack if I place the axle stands at the jacking points? etc...

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
You will see cut outs in the underbody mouldings that reveal areas that will take the stands - extra thick metal there.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Don't use the jack from the boot, it's cr*p and not strong enough. Tried to use mine once for convenience and as the weight came on it it messed the threads up and got stiffer and stiffer until it would not go up or down. That caused some issues. Just waiting to throw it back at the dealer next time I pass.

No problem using a trolley jack with a block of wood to spread the weight just behind the jacking points. You can see where if you look.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts