Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Any advice on which products/techniques to clean the interior of my Brera? Just popped to Halfords and got a few Auto Glym stuff for the exterior but not sure which is the best for the interior. She's an 08 model with leather, please see pic.

Cheers,

Kevin

Attachments

·
Registered
11,159 Posts
i use small hand wipes for plastic surfaces, baby wipes work if you don't mind the smell, they got some in Hellfords, and leather wipes for seating also from hellfords. Alternatively there is a better way......

get wife to do it!!:cheese::cheese:

B

·
0 Posts
This may sound cheapskate but it works. Remember them sad shoe shine sponges, well there 3 for a quid in asda. Use them on your work shoes until nearly all the silly gloss stuff has run out, its then ready for your car. Because its still mildly tacky it picks up the dust, because its a sponge it gets in the crannys and because is dying you get a natural finish to your dash and not that horrendous shiny look.
Ive tried all manner of stuff and this is by far the easiest.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There I was thinking someone might reply and say you need this type of cloth and this type of product...

Baby wipes? wouldn't that leave smear marks? Maybe I'm just way too anal, I just want the interior to feel special every time I get in it. What about the AutoGlym Rubber and Vinyl product? any good?

lol @ wife, she (the Brera) is too delicate to let someone else scrub her ;-)

·
Registered
559 Posts
My seats appear to have some shiney coating - do any of these leather treatments work through this stuff or do they just sit on the surface ?
It takes the shine away leaving it looking like it was in the showroom. Just wipe on and thats it :thumbs:

·
Registered
212 Posts
I use this Leather Cleaner, it cleans the leather rather well and leaves a matt finish as if the seat has never been used. Use it regularly then they stay unsoiled and smell new.

I'm currently finishing off my Audi leather balm but I'l be looking for something similar soon, perhaps Treat.

To keep the dash and trim matt I funnily enough use the above leather cleaner, not ideal but does a great job.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
I use this it s just the job and leaves the leather looking like new
They do a cleaner if the seats are really dirty

Zaino Z-10 Leather in a Bottle
That smells amazing, a customer made me use tht on his car one day.

For regular cleaning a damp mf is sufficent and if there is any real dirt on it APC 10:1 is my preferred cleaner, excellent on carpets, dash, door shuts, wheels, tires flies on bodywork and anywhere else too :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
If you've done a few fair miles and the leather has started to get that shiny look (rather than the nice matt finish when they were brand new), buy yourself a Magic Eraser from JML for 5.00

I can not recommend it enough, a few rubs and all the leather will look brand new! and for just a fiver you really cant go wrong!

You can get it from Argos / Wilkinsons. Sainsburys aswell I think...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts