Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my Brera is going in for a much needed respray since in front of the rear arches it looks like it has been sand blasted. Also all the motorway mileage has taken its toll with stone chips etc.....

I'm thinking of having it resprayed in 8c red (the giulietta 8c red) and wanted to hear some opinions. My dad's garage is doing the work so cost aside just want opinions on the colour.

Here is an example: http://www.alfaworkshop.co.uk/images/226-1-800.jpg

N

·
0 Posts
Make sure to get the spoiler and rear under-bumper grey/black bit painted.....

Also check your front grill-work as that may need redoing black at the same time.

;)

:thumbs:

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh i understand now! I thought you were saying paint the spoiler in 8c red! For sure i will have those re painted black/grey :)

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Looks pretty damn special to me! Get it done, and post those pics asap.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Any of the Alfas will loko awesome in 8C red. Great colour. Even though generally I don't like red cars.

I thought applying 8C red was a really complicated process? Or was that all nonsense to keep the price high?

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Brera in Rosso Competizione is stunning :)

It's time-consuming to spray (3 red layers!) so it's usually quite expensive -- I have quotes in the region of £7k for the Giulietta -- so if you don't have to worry about that, then it's definitely worth doing :)

It's a difficult (i.e. almost impossible) colour to blend, so unless it really is costing pennies to respray it, it might be worth considering paint protection film.

Definitely do it :thumbs:

I thought applying 8C red was a really complicated process? Or was that all nonsense to keep the price high?
It used to be very labourious: When it was a £15k option, they disassembled the car and hand-painted it in the same manner as the 8Cs. For the Giulietta, a version of Rosso Competizione was created for the robotised spraying process.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I did mean paint the spoiler and under the bumper in 8C red.

;)
I'm not sure i would do that. From the example link i sent doesn't look like they did it and i like the contrast with the black.....

Brera in Rosso Competizione is stunning :)

It's time-consuming to spray (3 red layers!) so it's usually quite expensive -- I have quotes in the region of £7k for the Giulietta -- so if you don't have to worry about that, then it's definitely worth doing :)

It's a difficult (i.e. almost impossible) colour to blend, so unless it really is costing pennies to respray it, it might be worth considering paint protection film.

Definitely do it :thumbs:

It used to be very labourious: When it was a £15k option, they disassembled the car and hand-painted it in the same manner as the 8Cs. For the Giulietta, a version of Rosso Competizione was created for the robotised spraying process.
Most paint jobs require multi layers. The Giulietta 8c red is not to be confused with 8c - 8c red. They add various pigments and all sorts hand painting each panel. The Giulietta 8c is much more basic since it was painted robotically.....

·
Registered
60 Posts
I seen a couple of Giulietta's in 8C Red at the recent Scottish Italian Car Day, absolutely stunning!
I have an aging Aprilia Falco which is in a similar colour, tends to look different depending on the light.
The Giulietta's looked fantastic though, and as suggested above, it would be difficult to make a Brera look dodgy in any colour!!

·
Regional Support, For South Scotland - AOSS
3,507 Posts
.........I'm thinking of having it resprayed in 8c red (the giulietta 8c red) and wanted to hear some opinions.
Go for it - you definitely won't regret it! :thumbs:

Any of the Alfas will look awesome in 8C red. Great colour.
Couldn't agree more. I love the colour so much that it has spoiled me for good. Any future Alfa in our stable will have to be 8C red - anything else comes a poor second, :rolleyes:.

I seen a couple of Giulietta's in 8C Red at the recent Scottish Italian Car Day, absolutely stunning!
Ta very much! One of them having been mine/my good lady's, :D.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Awesome colour :thumbs:

Salute, Giordano.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Looks amazing.

Could you get a wrap in it?

1 - 20 of 108 Posts