Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you might know my left hand side headlight is acting funny.
Just need to ask all Brera and 159 owner, my headlight top clip have broken off (the one closer to the grill). Chatz said that is the problem, because the self leveling won't work and due to that the xenon will not work. It doesn't make sense to me. What do you guys think?

Also I took it to Violet Electronics yesterday, I am planning modified the headlight a bit. I told them the story, they said it is definitely the ballast.

Benzina, do you still have that ballast? How much is it if I want to get it off from your hand.
Also did you managed to sort out your headlight?

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Hi jefo. Still got the ballast yes. If you wanna test please feel free to take mine. The missing tab story is BS in my opinion. We can make your car recalibrate the xenon with my multiecuscsn if you want to albeit that did nt solve my issue. I plan to ask master paul to help me with the bad earth fix to solve my problem a lot of guys say a bad earth describes my problem. I suggest you also try mps fix for that.

Please do share what you plan to do with your xenons as i wouldnt mind improving mine anyways. The standard brera xenons even when they work are really crappy. Drove once in a e60 bmw with xenons oh man those make the breras light spread look like half dead candles in comparison.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Benzina, thanks. I am in Cape Town at the moment, will come back on the 3rd. I will contact you to fetch the ballast. Please let me know when will you guys gonna get together, so I can learn how to do that too.

Ya, I will update you guys on yhe headlight.

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
ill tell you. its very easy to remove the bumper to get to the ballast.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, great, I thought u guys will try the bad earthing problem. But thanks thou

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Oh sorry man no i havent got around to the earth issue yet but will update you as soon as i have a answer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts