Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just had the window control module replaced in the car (Brera 2.2) as the drivers window would randomly open itself when parked up. Its a new car from a used dealers and the parts and labour were paid for by the garage so fair play to them for fixing it with no questions asked.

Anyway, the main question.

Prior to taking the car in, when locking the car the mirrors used to fold inwards. Now the unit has been replaced the mirrors no longer fold inwards when locking. They do fold inwards when pressing the 'fold inwards' button inside the car.

So which is normal ? Was it a fault of the window unit causing the mirrors to fold inwards, or are non folding inward mirrors the norm ?

I prefer them to fold in so if thats normal I'll have it back to the dealers and ask them to fix it properly this time.

To fold, or not to fold, that is the question.

Oh by the way, love the car, I drive an Audi A4 convertible myself we used to have an Alfa GT JTD and I couldnt live with it, too uncomfortable, clutch pedal was too heavy, seats gives me a bad back. The Brera is much more refined and my Audi hasnt left the drive in a month. The poor wifes thought she'd bought a car for herself...ha..tricked again !!

Thanks
MrsNewt1's hubby

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WOW, that was quick (said the actress to the bishop). Im off outside to try it now. Thanks a lot for that. Every thought of working for Alfa lol

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just to confirm, that works a treat, thanks again.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
"You have to hold the fold button down until it beeps to re-activate auto folding.

Repeat to de-activate."

Just been out to try, my button does not beep. I've tried with ignition on and off. It's a Sept 2008 and has not got electrically adjustable seats, only heated ones- might that be the issue or is it in the menu somewhere?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts