Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ok. The cable end of motor side is easy, I can see it under the seat: motor has an open hole/notch, where to put cable end. Very simple.

But I haven't seen the gear end: does the gear has similar hole/notch to where to set the cable end? How do you take the cable out from the gear? Just lifting the cable end out of the hole/notch? I assume that cable end in the gear side, has similar thicker metal end as motor end cable, which fits to the hole/notch. See cable end pic, what I mean.

Sorry about these detailed questions....

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ok. The cable end of motor side is easy, I can see it under the seat: motor has an open hole/notch, where to put cable end. Very simple.
Ok

....but I haven't seen the gear end: does the gear has similar hole/notch to where to set the cable end? How do you take the cable out from the gear? Just lifting the cable end out of the hole/notch? I assume that cable end in the gear side, has similar thicker metal end as motor end cable, which fits to the hole/notch. See cable end pic, what I mean.
yes the cable end is inserted in thw gear AS is inserted in the motor
Sorry ...my prevous PDF with the cable sizes is clear ?? Is clear that the both end are with square section ??

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ok

yes the cable end is inserted in thw gear AS is inserted in the motor
Sorry ...my prevous PDF with the cable sizes is clear ?? Is clear that the both end are with square section ??
Hi and thanks. Now everything is clear. PDF picture is clear. I try to find suitable cable and cable ends :clap:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi and thanks. Now everything is clear. PDF picture is clear.
I'm happy !

... I try to find suitable cable and cable ends :clap:
Sorry : what is cable and cable end ?
You w'd like tell : suitable cable with particular cable end ?

uhmmmmmmmmmm :angry:

My experience:
- Alfa Romeo Italy: nothing ,
- on the web : nothing !!
I suggest a store for odometer...perhaps you need a Coca Cola or /and the cable must be shorten

best wishes !!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I sell Brera Parts so i have original OEM spares available and it is a hobby of mine. I have already replaced this part before for someone a few weeks ago. Image is attached of the seat.
So, do you still have the seat backrest reclining cable? Originally you have had two of these cables, one in both front seats...

·
Registered
578 Posts
apologies just seen this, open to offers on the cables, i need to have a look and see what they cost but i dont know where you can get them from or at what price the are

my email is [email protected] if anyone wants to contact me via the email

21 - 40 of 42 Posts