Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Following another guide tightening up the guide rails for the drivers window I noticed 2 of the door lock screws / bolts were missing that hold the lock in place where it hits the striker plate. I replaced them with ones I had lying around. I noticed the lower one went in with the slightest of friction like there was some grit in the thread.

Now the door will not open from the inside or out.

I think I might have not reconnected the LED light for the alarm system but I can hear the solenoid in the door working fine.

I have tried:

Using the key

Opening from inside or out

Disconnecting the battery

Nothing. I worry I might have used slightly too long a screw and have now ruined the lock

I need to use the car tomorrow apart from clambering across can anyone assist on how I open the door without destroying the door card.

I read a threat how something similar happened on a 159 and access was gained through the rear door, not an option!

Any assistance or suggestions would really be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Nick

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Some progress

I have managed to remove part of the inner door card so I can access the lock. I can see the cable and lever. Pulling the door from the outside the lever moves upward as I would anticipate is normal but does nothing in terms of releasing the door. I have tried manually using my hand to push the lever up further but it seems to be at a stop; the full upward movement of its path so will not move any further but its doing nothing to release the door.

Help?

Thanks

Nick

1 - 2 of 2 Posts