Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've just joined the forum after seeing an ad in the local dealership.

I've bought a Brera Diesel [200] and am looking to put a chip to improve the performance.

Few questions;
Has anyone done it?
Is it worth it?
What chip do you recommend?
Is it safe for the engine?

I've had a look on the net and found ChipExpress and DTUK seem to be offering similar chips, but would like some opinions of other owners.

Sorry if there's already a topic on this, haven't had a chance to look around yet.
Cheers.
-Fierce

·
Registered
10 Posts
2.4 Brera Chip

Hi I have just recentally bought a Breare love it and asking the same question has any one had any experiance of chipping a 2.4 diesel ?:cool:

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Hi, I've just joined the forum after seeing an ad in the local dealership.

I've bought a Brera Diesel [200] and am looking to put a chip to improve the performance.

Few questions;
Has anyone done it?
Is it worth it?
What chip do you recommend?
Is it safe for the engine?

I've had a look on the net and found ChipExpress and DTUK seem to be offering similar chips, but would like some opinions of other owners.

Cheers.
-Fierce

A simple remap is all thats needed.
There's a few companies that can help, but I would advise having a custom remap done on a rolling road. That way it will be setup perfectly for the car.
It costs £350-£400 and only takes about 45-60mins to do. With a good map you should see a few extra mpg and a healthy Bhp/Torque increase.
I had mine remapped by Red Dot Racing and its made the world of difference. I know of 1.9JTDm users that have seen an extra 40-50Bhp thanks to Red Dot, so I should imagine this is also possible on the 2.4 engine.

Red Dot Racing

1 - 3 of 3 Posts