Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all. Hoping the Brera owners out there can help me. I'm on the hunt for a low mileage 2.2.

I'm trying to decide between the newer interior revision or having the Sky View. I have read that the seats were altered to allow extra leg room for passengers on the revised interior. Does this really make any difference?

I have a Gtv so I know about limited passenger space and I am under no illusions but I just wondered if the revision made that much difference.

many thanks,

Mitch

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a Brera with the new seats, I can't speak for the older style seats but mine have a large recess in the seat back where rear passengers knees go.

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Be careful with that second one - the write-up says 19'' alloys when they're clearly 17'' and do little for the looks of the car.
Horrible colour as well IMHO.

The black one looks very good.

I had a twin spark GTV before my current 2.2 Spider. I really miss the GTV...

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm keeping the Gtv don't worry about that ?

I don't mind those standard alloys myself and the colour for that matter.

Overall I prefer the black one but it's this issue of realistic leg room versus Sky roof I'm wrestling with.

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a Brera with the new seats, I can't speak for the older style seats but mine have a large recess in the seat back where rear passengers knees go.
Have you had adults in the back?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Mitch the black one is minging ?
Peaches n cream interior. IMO it looks über cheap

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
? it is a bit Marmite I know. I quite like it though

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Legroom behind the driver is non existent when I have the driver seat setup for my comfort. If ever 4 adults are in the car, my gf has to drive.

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you. That's what I needed to hear. I knew that even with the revised seats it would still be tight, but by the sound of it is still as bad as the old style of seat. SV or Prodrive look favourite then.

·
Banned
3,110 Posts
If you are drunk to be driven with your wife but still sober enough you should take a co- driver seat.
If you are drunk as a fish to be loaded from rear door provided foldable rear seats it would be no matter how much rear seats place are.
Main message from here is Brera or any similar is second, third or any next car in family. So, no family no problems.
:thumbup:

·
Registered
539 Posts
I'm not sure that the one claiming to be an "S" in your 2nd post is. The wheels are wrong and I can't see the S badge on the C pillar. It also looks to be riding too high but that could be the wheels

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
The Prodrive has the glass roof (Sky View) but with the Prodrive version there's no view of the sky as the SV is hidden behind a roof lining. Some owners have cut out the lining to expose the SV again.
You'll have to ask AR for an explanation, it's too bloody weird for me to get my head around...

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
I'm not sure that the one claiming to be an "S" in your 2nd post is. The wheels are wrong and I can't see the S badge on the C pillar. It also looks to be riding too high but that could be the wheels
There's countless threads on this.
It is an 'S', just not a Prodrive.

·
Registered
119 Posts
There's countless threads on this.
It is an 'S', just not a Prodrive.
True, at least I think it is, just tried to check with DVLA, but it is a no go as they are running Beta Software.
Best way to check is with Alfa UK, or an Alfa or Fiat dealer,
it should have Prodrive suspension on it, unless the experts have changed it,
thinking they know more about suspension than Peter Cambridge-Prodrive do.

Rear leg room, back seat makes a good dog shelf.

Attachments

·
Registered
188 Posts
Mitch, you're going the same way as me! Likewise I kept my GTV & have just bought a Brera 2.2 SV - and believe me you won't be disappointed despite what you may have read. They are quite different cars, the Brera more of a cruiser / GT than the rawness / soul / Alfa-ness of the GTV. I definitely prefer the GTV as I guess you will, but as an everyday (and dare I say practical...) car the Brera 2.2 is spot-on. I thought about the 2.4 diesel which in all honesty is probably the better choice ..... but I personally just could not live with the clatter. The 2.2 in contrast actually sounds pretty good IMHO.

I wouldn't worry too much about high-ish miles so long as the cam chain & ancillaries have ideally been changed.

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about high-ish miles so long as the cam chain & ancillaries have ideally been changed.
There's plenty of high mileage cars out there that have not needed the timing chain replaced.
It only ever needs doing if the EML comes on, and then only with the relevant code.
It isn't a service item like the old notorious Alfa belts that had to be changed religiously at about half the recommended mileage.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Have you had adults in the back?
Yes, but only behind the passenger, with the seat half way forward. I am 6ft and there is no chance of an adult behind my driving seat. But passengers say its not uncomfortable, in fact it is better than a friends 2010 Audi TT

1 - 20 of 47 Posts