Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've all read how expensive the Brera/Spider/159 are for fuel and tyre useage, but what about insurance?
I've just had a quote for my annual renewal (Brera 2.2) of £211 with LV. This is fully comp with protected NCB, legal cover, second named driver and £200 excess.

OK, so I'm 58 ( stayed out of the average age of Brera drivers one up-manship session) with a perfect driving record:D but the other named driver is my wife who is 35, which should somewhat nulify my age advantage.

No doubt someone out there has got their Brera insured for eight pence three farthings with a time share in Barbados thrown in, but the above quote was by no means the cheapest, just the best known company.

I seem to remember that my GT 2.0 was £400 three years ago.

Clearly, we Brera/Spider/159 drivers are a careful bunch who have managed to accumulate some very advantageous accident statistics to convince the insurance companies that we are a safe bet.:)

·
Registered
98 Posts
That is really cheap. I only hope that mine is reasonable with I switch cover to my 159 when it is delivered!

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
I pay £650 for my Spider. Aged 24, 4 yrs NCB no claims no accidents.

I pay over 1200eur for my Abarth - but insurance in general is more expensive in NL and its a much more comprhensive policy. e.g. 0 excess and replacement car at up 3 yrs old if you write it off.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Well I just got a quote from LV on a 2 y.o. 2.2 Brera I'm thinking of buying (in a few months) and it came out about £40 cheaper than what I am currently paying (£384) on a 5 1/2 y.o. BM 318i, much to my surprise.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts