Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Would appreciate some advice. I posted before regarding the 'easiest' and most affordable way to get MP3 / Ipod connectivity with the standard head unit.

The Loudlink CDC emulator was suggested and I fitted this last weekend no problem. It was working happily for a few days though I noticed it sometimes didn't start properly - i.e. the headunit would effectively freeze and moreover, now the head unit wouldn't recognise CD Changer. I went to upgrade the firmware then things got more sporadic with the same issues.

Occassionally, the unit will work and then at other times, doesn't recognise the CDC when you select input and significantly, the loudlink flashes solid 'red' indicating it's stopped (as opposed to off which is no light).

The standard (ordered new) blaupunkt cable is connected as per instructions from the headunit.

Despite emailing Harden / Loudlink a few times I've had no response? I suspect it's headunit / connectivity problem rather than the firmware on the unit as I said above, occassionally, it works just fine... Anyone else had similar issues or suggestions. It's really frustrating as when the loudlink's working, all's perfect!

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Newer firmware of the Head-Unit not 100% compatible with Loudlink

Hi
Your Problem seems very similar to mine. What is the production year of your car? Mine is 07/2009 - it seems like the Firmware of the Head-Unit is not 100% compatible with Loudlink. I had the SD-device sent in 2 times and it still does not work properly. Harden BT offered me to have my Head-Unit sent in for tests... which i didn't.
Best results are achieved with Loudlink firmware version 2.0. I am waiting for Harden BT to come out with a new firmware :confused: Untill this problem is fixed, I advise anyone else NOT to buy a Loudlink if your car is of newer production date...
Cheers

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As an update to this problem - I sent the Loudlink back and they replaced it. Having refitted it I agree - I don't believe the standard headunit firmware is compatible. Mine is an 03/2007 Brera so I suspect this will affect all Brera's and 159s with the standard headunit - unless anyone would like to comment otherwise.

It's really dissapointing as it's a great unit and solution when it works but more often than not, I get a blank display on starting the car (where it should say 'CD Changer') - the only solution is to select 'restore factory settings' from the menu which is a pain as you lose all preset sound and radio settings!

I must say Arnold has been very helpful though I'm starting to think there's no easy solution to this one but to ask for a refund.

I'd be interested to hear of other's experiences with the loudlink LLK-A08X on a 159 or Brera?

I'll follow up with support and keep posted on the outcome.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Solution to come soon...

here an update from my side:
I mailed Arnold and told him, that I found out that there were other Loudlink-Alfa 159/Brera owners having exactly the same problem with the basic head unit and that I also was ready to send him my head-unit in exchange of a temporary replacement. Now this is what he replied:

"Looks like we'll have 159 with very new head unit.
In this case we don't need to change the units.
I'll let You know next days!"

This means that there obviously is a problem with newer basic head units and that there will probably be a new firmware soon.

Cheers, huebi

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
Thanks for the update. Good to hear there is a solution in the works.

:)

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
You might not like to hear this after you ve splashed out £180 on a Loudlink, but Dension offer similar products with far more features for less money.

Loudlink only plays mp3s, doesnt have USB and is very pricey. You could get a Dension Gateway 300 with text capability (song info etc on mutlifuncion display in instrument panel) for similar money.

Or if USB desnt bother you then a Gateway 100 without USB, but around £100.

Dension stuff plays mp3, wma (inc DRL) and ogg formats, there is no limit on the size of SD card/USB that can be connected. (Loudlink 4 GB) and you get 10 virtual cds (only 6 with Loudlink)

If I were you I d get a refund and buy a Dension.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts