Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this might be a stupid question, but has anyone bought any car mats for an 07 brerathat they are happy with and fit properly?

I've recently bought some from Needed4, they sell automotive accessories, and there not exaclty a tailored fit as they were advertised.

The front drivers side mat curls up over the foot rest and round the seat guide rails. The rear two mats would need bending to fit them in between the rails and the back seat.

Im considering buying some proper alfa mats but there 60 quid and not sure if they'll be any better

Anyone got any advice on this?

Cheers

·
Registered
140 Posts
I bought some tailored fit mats from a company from the web, didnt fit properly and worn very quickly- now in the bin! Bought some proper Alfa ones (not deep pile) from the dealer much better fit and better quality. Ask for some discount and you might get at a a set for £50.

·
Registered
763 Posts
got them cyberspares also..
The front set fit well - but the backs were completely wrong. Not to worry, nobody in the back anyway.
The fitting is very good and once you get it in right, it'll never come off until you want it.

The only fault is that the extra thick heel pad has lifted (after 7months). IMHO, in getting in/out of the car in tight spaces I'm tending to twist my left foot as I enter/exit and this has eventually caused the pad to come loose.

I may yet just buy an official set - but I'll put up with these for now.

Would I buy again - probably not..
I now watch my foot as I get in/out, but not sure that it is the reason, and somehow feel the offical ones wouldn't have done it.

D

·
0 Posts
if you buy alfa mats make sure you get the holding plugs with them,you cant buy them separate

·
Registered
712 Posts
The genuine Alfa mats are top quality, you do get what you pay for. The only thing to be careful of is the seat runners curling the edges up and breaking the backs but they are good IMHO.
Andy.:thumbs:

G

·
0 Posts
if you get alfa mats as has been said get the fixers! if you don't mat catches on clutch pedal making for frustrating driving !! my car came with mats/no fix plugs and i ended up zip tieing the mat to the seat rail to prevent this, can vacuum reasonably well but a thorough clean involves cutting the zip ties each time

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info, think i'll prob end up getting a proper set.

Regarding the fixing plugs, where to these attach to the car?

I have no holes or balnking plugs in any of the footwells so cant see how they can be fixed in place. does it require adding my own holes? the guy at alfa said they stay in place becuase they are a good fit but id prefer to fix them if possible.

cheers again

·
Registered
140 Posts
Thanks for the info, think i'll prob end up getting a proper set.

Regarding the fixing plugs, where to these attach to the car?

I have no holes or balnking plugs in any of the footwells so cant see how they can be fixed in place. does it require adding my own holes? the guy at alfa said they stay in place becuase they are a good fit but id prefer to fix them if possible.

cheers again
u need to screw the fixing plugs into the carpet and through the insulation. start the hole off with a drill bit. u will be suprised how much insulation is below the carpet. i found you need to fix the mats down because they move and catch the cluch pedal.

also good advice from Wainey:thumbs:

N

·
0 Posts
Yeah watch the passenger ones.
As said they get caught under the seat rail when you flip the seat
forward, to let someone in the back, so you need to position then
carefully before fixing. Run the seat backwards and fowards to check.

Same issue with the drivers side, but you're less likely to let someone in
behind and you need to position the mat WRT the pedals so that is the over
riding constraint.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Proper Alfa mats are fine (especially if you get them free with the car!) but on the two Breras I've had them in, the plastic 'Alfa Brera' badge on the drivers mat broke off pretty quickly - only plastic, and break if you put your foot on it while getting in/out. Never bothered the rear postage-stamp-sized mats.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Yep the official (non-luxury) 07 Brera mats are good and fit fine. Mine have "Brera" embroidered in white, the Wife's 08 has "Spider" embroidered in white. Just in case you forgot what car you were getting into! Not sure what official mats, if any, had plastic.

PS there are supposed to be "luxury" official mats as well, but apparently they are too thick and snag on the pedals etc. The standard ones are really quite nice anyway.

N

·
0 Posts
I have cheap rubber ones under the Alfa ones as well
because I wasn't convinced the Alfa ones were very
waterproof.

;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts