Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Not a typical window switch thread, although along the same lines. I'm after a broken one!

If anyone has dead one lying around that they don't mind passing on it would be grand - I'm happy to pay the postage of course!

Cheers!
George

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I'm in need of the outer casing/internals even if they're bad. It's for a little trial I've got to see if I can bring one back to life in my electronics class!

·
Registered
4 Posts
My drivers side one is refusing to bring the passenger window up and also operate the mirrors now, but otherwise fine. Can you let me know if you get success?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi if you are stripping down the switch can you tell me where the bent stainless steel bit fits?
Hi that’s interesting, unfortunately it fell out as I was trying to work out what was wrong, (cracked button) I’ve swapped them round for now, but I could not work out were the stainless steel bit came from, any photos would be appreciated?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi that’s interesting, unfortunately it fell out as I was trying to work out what was wrong, (cracked button) I’ve swapped them round for now, but I could not work out were the stainless steel bit came from, any photos would be appreciated?
I've just opened up a working one that I've got, and there isn't a stainless piece inside unless I'm being blind? Any chance you can take a picture of it? :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've just opened up a working one that I've got, and there isn't a stainless piece inside unless I'm being blind? Any chance you can take a picture of it? :)

Hi George you got me thinking it’s not come out of the switch.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi George you got me thinking it’s not come out of the switch.
Yeah, there wasn't anything like that - once you get the two halves separated and the PCB out there isn't any other metal on the switch aside from the side pieces that hold it into the door card.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts