Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'trying to justify a Brera to Mrs Morte. We only need 2 seats, so is it effectively a hatchback if you fold the rear seats down?

·
Registered
13 Posts
'trying to justify a Brera to Mrs Morte. We only need 2 seats, so is it effectively a hatchback if you fold the rear seats down?
I went from a 5 door A3, to a Brera.

Before I left to pick it up, I took everything out of my almost full A3 boot.

When I got home, I managed to get everything in the Brera boot.

The biggest 'practical' misconceptions I've noticed so far, are a) the size and height of the boot being a problem, and b) the headroom - I'm 6 foot, and have plenty. I can only assume that people that say tall people simply can't fit, must have had the seats as high as they'll go.

N

·
0 Posts
You can get more in it than in a 147's boot.

Posted before, I took a whole kitchen up to the dump.
(In a few trips)

Also can easily get a 26" TV in there.

The only issue with the Brera boot is burning yourself
on the exhaust when putting stuff in there when you're
wearing shorts. :cry:

;)

·
Registered
121 Posts
You can get more in it than in a 147's boot.

The only issue with the Brera boot is burning yourself
on the exhaust when putting stuff in there when you're
wearing shorts. :cry:

;)
Yep, its a big enough boot, but awkward to get at. I have to be careful when putting stuff in or taking stuff out that I don't scratch the rear...or fall in it. Its like getting stuff in and out of a bath tub...when you were a 5 year old kid.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I went to a Brera from a GTV, so the rear seats are about as usefull/less! :rolleyes:
......but with the Brera hatch tailgate, (much) larger boot, and the option of drop down seats, as I kept telling the missus, it's virtually an estate car! :thumbs:
Seriously tough, it's not our family car, but it is a viable back up when need be - a car seat goes behind the passenger seat with plenty of leg room for a 3 year old when the front seat is forward a bit.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Mr & Mrs GTleigh, their 5'10" daughter & all their lugage did 2800 miles in 15 days across Europe last summer.

Really quite impressive:wow:

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Just to echo everyone else, the Brera boot is massive for it's class particularly with the seats down.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I can get my bass gear in there no problem :) Two speaker cabinets: 4x10, 1x15; 4U rack case; two basses and a plethora of pedals, stands, books etc. :D (with the back seat down, naturally)

The difficult bit is finding gigs in areas I'm happy to leave it parked :lol:

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just went down and test drove one, and of course looked in the boot. It is indeed big! Thank god.

The problem is finding the right model now. It'll have to be a 2.2 as the 3.2 would kill me on fuel. The S has the sound I like, but of course no blue and me and no SV. bah! I remember this problem when I looked before.

mrs Morte is driving at the w/e.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I just went down and test drove one, and of course looked in the boot. It is indeed big! Thank god.

The problem is finding the right model now. It'll have to be a 2.2 as the 3.2 would kill me on fuel. The S has the sound I like, but of course no blue and me and no SV. bah! I remember this problem when I looked before.

mrs Morte is driving at the w/e.
I believe a quick trip to Mangoletsi can get you a bit more power and the sound you require from a 2.2 with their performance tuning. :)

N

·
0 Posts
2.2: remapped is not the pig-in-the-poke non-owners make it out to be.

It's not a power issue, it's a low rev smoothness issue more than anything
that needs "fixing".

;)

·
Registered
712 Posts
I've had a garden patio heater in the back of mine! (well the wife's really and it was in a box prior to assembly).
Point is, the Brera has a big boot even with the Bose system fitted.
Go for it my friend, you may live to regret it.:cool:

·
Registered
84 Posts
im not sure i understand what most people want out of there boot space?
its a car...not a haulage vehicle, or a "trailer"
its primarily for moving people, with the option of a space for "occasional" items, like shopping or luggage, more than that its not.
as its only a 2+2 car, it is equipted with a 2+2 boot.
if you need a car for moving regular loads then its an estate or 4x4 for you.

its like saying theres not much carring capacity for luggage on my harley......its not ment for that, doh
or have i got this all wrong?:confused:

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
im not sure i understand what most people want out of there boot space?
its a car...not a haulage vehicle, or a "trailer"
its primarily for moving people, with the option of a space for "occasional" items, like shopping or luggage, more than that its not.
as its only a 2+2 car, it is equipted with a 2+2 boot.
if you need a car for moving regular loads then its an estate or 4x4 for you.

its like saying theres not much carring capacity for luggage on my harley......its not ment for that, doh
or have i got this all wrong?:confused:
The point of the original question was to do with replacing my GTV V6 and 147 with a single car. Should the Brera have had a GTV size luggage capacity, it would be out of the question. However, it doesn't, so it's fine.

·
Registered
84 Posts
i did understand your OP
it was in reply to the many who were commenting on the un tardis like quality of the boot.
or indeed providing a quip pro quo on the biblical proportions of its haulage capasity.

have a great day.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts