716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought i would do a quick write up on this as it seems to be a popular mod

What you will need:

1 x Alfa Romeo 159
1 x Alfa Romeo Brera bonnet badge
1 x 10mm socket set
1 x 8mm socket set
3 x M5 nuts (8mm diameter for total width, 5mm diameter for thread width)
3 x washers (preferably around M8 in size)

As your 159 should look with the chrome badge

Start by pulling the bonnet catch and open the bonnet on the car

You will see the 3 bolts that hold the badge in underneath the bonnet

Undo all 3 bolts using the 10mm socket set and carefully pull the badge away from the bonnet as the Alfa emblem part is stuck to the bonnet itself by a sticky pad. Doesn't take a look to pull it off but be careful

Once this is off, give your bonnet a clean to get rid of any debris underneath the badge

Get your Brera badge lined up next to your 159 badge to see the difference

You will notice that the 10mm nuts from the 159 badge are too big for the smaller thread on the bolts for the Brera badge

So, peel off the sticky pad on the back of the Alfa emblem, and line the holes up with the bonnet and firmly press the top of the emblem into place to make sure it sticks

Put a washer over the thread of the bolt and make sure that it covers the hole in the bonnet, hense why i recommended at least M8 size washers

Using the 8mm socket, do the nuts up nice and firm to ensure that the badge isn't going to move. Check that each one is nicely in place and that the badge is secure

Then, stand back and admire your handy work

Total time taken: around 10mins

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Looks great? Now you just need a Brera bumper instead of a 159 one... ;)

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Top write up and very timely as I'll be doing mine next weekend. I think it makes a subtle but noticeable difference to redice the chrome on the front end and hence make it look more aggresive.

Then all I need to finish it off is the front lower spoiler...

·
Registered
21 Posts
it looks interesting, started thinking about that :)

I`m not sure if I like this plastic now. Anyone tried to paint it, same as the hood? I wonder how would it look like, if better.

·
Registered
21 Posts
have you wondered to remove those chrome between scudetto and the lamps? Once I removed them and it looked nice, more vintage but once you do, there are kinda forks left :) and would have to be done sty with it. But wondering how would it look like if the badge swapped and mentioned chromes removed.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks great? Now you just need a Brera bumper instead of a 159 one... ;)
i prefer the 159 bumper tbh

have you wondered to remove those chrome between scudetto and the lamps? Once I removed them and it looked nice, more vintage but once you do, there are kinda forks left :) and would have to be done sty with it. But wondering how would it look like if the badge swapped and mentioned chromes removed.
I'll get working on photoshop to see what looks good

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
it looks interesting, started thinking about that :)

I`m not sure if I like this plastic now. Anyone tried to paint it, same as the hood? I wonder how would it look like, if better.
Before we get wholesale move to alter the best front end in the business we ought to consider why these fronts are different.

The Brera grille is moved up the body by having the sculptured top and the a gap at the lower end to the splitter. This makes the screen look lower.

Combining the sculptured top with the grille right down to the splitter will just make the grille look bigger.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
great write up.

just waiting to win a brera badge on ebay an then will get round to doing this, little, but essential mod!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Fitted mine today and really pleased with the end result. I like the fact that the grill is now evenly bounded by a thin chrome strip as per the Brera front end whereas the standard grill has a 'slab' of chrome at the top which makes it look top heavy.

Each to their own as I'm sure there will be some standard is best responses....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts