Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
..I know this might sound a bit silly, but I was looking through the history of Alfa Romeo's Cloverleaf symbol and then I had this thought: when I remove the DPF and have the car re-mapped, would it be out of place to stick these on the Brera?

http://www.alfaaccessories.com/images/super/71806020_Alfa.jpg
Those badges are even out of place on the Giulietta and MiTo - there are much better versions of the cloverleaf emblem available if you must. Note that if they are on the side of the car they should be handed so that the Stalk trails backwards - yes REALLY!
One day I will come across an Alfa with wrong Cloverleafs and those wretched turbine wheels and it will really ruin my day!!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did some tests with Photoshop and I'm not totally convinced.. does anybody have a cloverleaf badge on a Brera/159?

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"fuel racism" uh? :rolleyes:

As I said in the beginning, it's about the spirit of elaboration and the historical meaning.

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
mate if you want to put cloverleafs on your brera then go for it :thumbs:
I had a small cloverleaf badge on the back of my old 147 GTA... it shouldn't have been there but I wanted it, lots of people asked me where I got it from as they wanted the same.
So I would say if you want them, it's your car so go for it.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I must admit I keep thinking about clover leaf 'wing shields' but the current enamel type badges on the Mito and Guilietta are too bulky.

I love the 8c look but they are under the lacquer I think.

One of us should bite the bullet......

Merry Christmas
MC

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol yeah, just wondering whether it would look good or not. The Brera has quite a unique look, besides mine is Carbonio Black so I dunno whether it would work really, I think the Cloverleaf really works only on red.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I have.... ive only one and its next to the 159 badge "x159", i tried blu tacking them in a few places and i think the one on the back looks just right personally. I dont have any photos at the moment, i got them from ebspares..

·
Registered
307 Posts
I have a red brera which has cloverleaf badges on either side on the C-pillar.

I assume the previous owner fitted them. I wouldn't necessarily go to the rouble of fitting them myself, but I quite like them.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Bottom of c pillar where the "s" logo goes or underneath the indicator on each wing i suppose... think it needs to be small though not like the Mito and Giulietta ones

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have a red brera which has cloverleaf badges on either side on the C-pillar.

I assume the previous owner fitted them. I wouldn't necessarily go to the rouble of fitting them myself, but I quite like them.
Chuffy could you post a picture please? :)

·
Registered
698 Posts
I fitted them on the boot lid and hatch of my 156 and GT, simply because I liked them.

I used the ones fitted to the 145 Cloverleaf, don't know if you can still get them. They had a chrome and enamel finish.

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
..I know this might sound a bit silly, but I was looking through the history of Alfa Romeo's Cloverleaf symbol and then I had this thought: when I remove the DPF and have the car re-mapped, would it be out of place to stick these on the Brera?

http://www.alfaaccessories.com/images/super/71806020_Alfa.jpg
I quite like them, that would look good on mine silver on silver :)

Is the green Clover enamel?

"fuel racism" uh? :rolleyes:

As I said in the beginning, it's about the spirit of elaboration and the historical meaning.
You get a lot of that on here :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts