Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from a fantastic road trip with family and friends to Berrima, a small Australian country town approximately 90 minutes outside of Sydney.

It's days like today that the joy of Alfa ownership really comes to the fore.

As we made our way up the M5, past the toll booths, I decide to give her some revs. The rasping note beneath the deep burble reverberates around the cabin. A small smile emerges.

We enter the sleepy country village. A green sign flashes by. Population: 777. It's a sign on so many levels. Confirmation of a town's inhabitance, and a number which bodes well for the day.

Tall tress adorn the side of the road, the autumn leaves in all their red, green and gold splendour. Their shadows pitter patter across the skyview glass roof. Yes. It feels good to be alive.

We stop to eat at an old English-style pub. Scotch fillet is on the menu. Self-service. Cook your own. Medium-rare. Washed down with a glass of Merlot. It goes down a treat.

We head back home in the afternoon twillight. The sun, setting low in the western sky winks through the clouds. We take a detour through another tiny country town, Mittagong. A group of kids point at the car with a mixture of astonishment and admiration.

Home sweet home beckons. The garage doors hums and winds down.

Cue Engine Stop.

I love my Alfa.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Couldn't agree more, stuck in traffic on Brighton seafront today, and can relate to the Kids pointing in admiration at the Brera!! :)

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
perfect :thumbs:

I really enjoyed my drive to work today, my modified 2.2 is pulling like a high speed train on 97RON fuel and the exhaust sound is just right - not too loud, not too quiet :thumbs:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts