Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I'm hoping to return to the Alfa ownership after 5 years absence. My last car was a GTV Cup that I loved but it cost me over £2k in 1 year and that was with a 3 year old car with average miles. So I bailed out and bought a Leon:(. Now 5 years on my life has changed such that I can now go back to V6 happiness:). The question I have is why are so many low mileage V6 Brera's around so cheap? I appreciate that they are not the best handling car but I'd accept that if they are remotely reliable and don't cost me bucket loads of cash to keep on the road. So, how many of you have a V6 Prodrive's and love them? I have my eye on a £18k 59 plate Alfa Red with less than 10K miles on the clock. Views would be gratefully received

Cheers, Richard

·
Registered
Maserati Quattroporte
1,764 Posts
So cheap because of high running costs and slow compared to the competition?

But............ if I could afford it i'd get one tomorrow :)

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Slow.....anything that can hit a genuine 163 in standard trim, do 62 in c6.7 & a sub 16 sec 0-100 mph isn't slow:lol:

They are cheap because you'll get c25mpg at best & car tax is £460.

Personally, the S doesn't do it for me & I class the man behind it as a pal.

Q4 is where it's at. It's what Prodrive wanted but they were overruled by the ARUK bean counters:rolleyes:

I've had two Brera's, both V6's & both awesomely special:D

·
Registered
145 Posts
I only have a 2.2 Prodive but I do 90 miles a day so the V6 was a big no no fuel consumption wise for me but if you are going to go for a V6 Brera then I think the Prodrive one would be the one to go for. I think it's just their fuel consumption that keeps the values low, as a package they are relaible cars and with the pro drive version you get much improved handling added to those fabulous looks. Brera ownerships brings with it a stream of admiring glances, questions from strangers about the car and an overall feeling that your driving something much more exotic and expensive.

Seems a bit of a no brainer to me, go for it and enjoy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts