Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.
Have owned a 156 2.5 V6 for the last 9 years and have and still love it.
However i feel it is time for a change.
The only way as they say is up, so am thinking about a brera.
well, the daddy really!
3.2 prodrive.
Can anyone give me a really good reason why I shpuldn't buy this awsome car?
Took one for a drive and once again fell in love.
cheers Chris

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
If you can justify the extra costs in road tax and petrol then there is no reason not to get one.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
prodrive 3.2

Thanks Mark.
460 a year tax and sub 20 mpg!!
not scared!!
just want to make sure she has no real problems
mine had trouble with the air bag light till i got it hard wired in
you have/had any of Alfas fabled electrical issues with yours?
Chris

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi Chris

I have an 09 in black I'm putting up for sale in the very near future

Mine has an Autodelta remap that means I normally get 25 - 26 MPG and have had 400 miles on a tank on numerous occasions

Can't do anything about the £460 road tax i'm afraid!!!

If it's of interest give me a shout

Martin

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
prodrive

Martin
I am interested but how near in the future?
i am off to Afghanistan soon and am back in August. Fingers crossed!!
What will you be looking for her? Also what is her certifacate no.?
you can mail me at [email protected] if you would rather keep that quiet.
also can i have some pics please?
Thanks Chris

·
Registered
223 Posts
Chris, I made the same move 18 month ago, though to a 3.2 Q4, not regretted it one bit and Martin44 has just given me the excuse I've been looking for to justify an AD remap - didn't realise it could improve mpg that much!

·
Registered
969 Posts
Hi Chris

I have an 09 in black I'm putting up for sale in the very near future

Mine has an Autodelta remap that means I normally get 25 - 26 MPG and have had 400 miles on a tank on numerous occasions

Can't do anything about the £460 road tax i'm afraid!!!

If it's of interest give me a shout

Martin
Where did you get the remap? and more importantly £? Cheers:thumbs:

·
Registered
127 Posts
I came from a 156 V6. The 2.2 S is worth looking at. Feels just as quick as a 156 v6 in the real world and 32 mpg on a run. Cheaper road tax £260 and insurance.
Watch out for £300 tyres.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I came from a 156 V6. The 2.2 S is worth looking at. Feels just as quick as a 156 v6 in the real world and 32 mpg on a run. Cheaper road tax £260 and insurance.
Watch out for £300 tyres.
I'm struggling to get over 24-25 mpg in my 2.2s and don't consider myself too heavy on the throttle.

Any ideas why i may be experiencing this low mpg? (this is over a mix of A-roads, town and motorway, If i'm purely in town i'll get 21-23 mpg)

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm struggling to get over 24-25 mpg in my 2.2s and don't consider myself too heavy on the throttle.

Any ideas why i may be experiencing this low mpg? (this is over a mix of A-roads, town and motorway, If i'm purely in town i'll get 21-23 mpg)
I have had a re-map and only run on Tesco Momentum 99, which is the best super unleaded I found for the engine.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
I have had a re-map and only run on Tesco Momentum 99, which is the best super unleaded I found for the engine.
Who did your remap? Did it resolve the hesitation? How much did you pay if you don;t mind me asking.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Who did your remap? Did it resolve the hesitation? How much did you pay if you don;t mind me asking.
Search for Actionman on this forum. He is in Huddersfield and is well priced. Search my posts to find original thread.
It did cure my hesitation, but Tesco 99 makes a big diffrerence also.

·
Registered
31 Posts
On my journey to and from work which is just a short 4 mile trip my consumption is between 16 and 20 mpg as the engine never fully warms up, on a proper run its more like 30 mpg. Having said all that, fuel consumption was never one of the should I shouldn't I issues. I have the 2.2 by the way.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
The wheels of the Brera S are virtually identical to those of the 8C. That one on fleabay has them powder coated silver and not the standard dark metallic

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have owned 3 (yes 3) Brera S 3.2V6 Prodrives, 2 x 58 plates and 1 x 09 plate (bought it brand new from Meridien Milano in Bournemouth) and they are still the most beautiful car out there by far IMO.

The MPG and road tax are horrendeous, but i only sold my last one as we had a baby so needs must!!

The only other thing i would say to look out for, is my last '58' plate one had extensive surface rust underneath and wasnt covered under warranty as it had not actually perforated the metal, and although the car had covered just 12k miles from new, it needed replacement discs and pads all round (another £1,000 for this work!) as no other garage would do it! So, it had to go....

But i'd probably STILL have another one one day :wow: !!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Brera S is a great choice, the interior is a really lovely place to be, the handling is as good as a front wheel drive car is ever going to get.

The 2.2 S has a better ride acording to all the experts, but lacks serious performance in a straight line. I understand the V6 has the right ammount of power but lacks the compliancy over bumps that the 2.2 has.

If you want to save £250 a year on tax and a bit of fuel, There is a 2.2 S in the classifieds on here actually ;)

If it has to be a 3.2 this one seems well priced.

http://pistonheads.com/sales/3811056.htm

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Brera S is a great choice, the interior is a really lovely place to be, the handling is as good as a front wheel drive car is ever going to get.

The 2.2 S has a better ride acording to all the experts, but lacks serious performance in a straight line. I understand the V6 has the right ammount of power but lacks the compliancy over bumps that the 2.2 has.

If you want to save £250 a year on tax and a bit of fuel, There is a 2.2 S in the classifieds on here actually ;)

If it has to be a 3.2 this one seems well priced.

Alfa Romeo : Alfa Romeo Brera V6S Prodrive
Why sell so soon:confused:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi Simon

You spotted it was my Brera for sale then!! Nearly three years of excellent Brera ownership has passed and now it's time for a change - I think once you've had one everything else just looks a bit ordinary - it does make the next car choice very tricky at the moment

You might be the only Brera on the next trip to France:(

1 - 20 of 22 Posts