Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple question how much power steering fluid/oil will my Brera take to reach the max level on the dip stick after its drained. Only reason I ask is because I can only find 1 litre bottles of the fluid/oil and I can't see in the owners manual the actual capacity for the fluid/oil

Cheers.

·
Registered
750 Posts
How are you draining it - just sucking the reservoir out, or disconnecting the banjo unions and rolling the rack from left to right repeatedly, then blowing the return lines out with air?

Many PAS systems seem to be about 1.5 litres to replenish when fairly empty, but a simple drain and refill can often be only a litre.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How are you draining it - just sucking the reservoir out, or disconnecting the banjo unions and rolling the rack from left to right repeatedly, then blowing the return lines out with air?

Many PAS systems seem to be about 1.5 litres to replenish when fairly empty, but a simple drain and refill can often be only a litre.
probably sucking out the reservoir, I am changing from red to green fluid. So will have to be done at least twice id of thought to get all the red out.

·
Registered
750 Posts
There's a lot of fluid in a typical ZF rack. Given your intentions, I'd urge thought given to disconnection at the banjos.

Just changed a Pug from red to yellow PAS fluid and it's already come up pink! A lot of fluid coats the inside of the lines.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so I am in two minds, top up the red power steering fluid or get the fluid changed properly for the green fluid, the reason I am unsure is because I have heard about the seals going after changing to green fluid. There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with my steering rack currently and I'd like it to stay that way.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
so I am in two minds, top up the red power steering fluid or get the fluid changed properly for the green fluid, the reason I am unsure is because I have heard about the seals going after changing to green fluid. There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with my steering rack currently and I'd like it to stay that way.
Probably a good case for staying with red...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts