Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somebody selling a Brera on alfas for sale on Facebook has posted this ..

"Hi Jon - you're thinking of the 'Brera S Prodrive' which has the features you list. The standard 'Brera S' doesn't have those features. Andy at Love Alfa has a Brera S Prodrive due in within the next 24 hours".

I thought an S WAS a Prodrive developed Brera. Have I got this wrong?

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
Somebody selling a Brera on alfas for sale on Facebook has posted this ..

"Hi Jon - you're thinking of the 'Brera S Prodrive' which has the features you list. The standard 'Brera S' doesn't have those features. Andy at Love Alfa has a Brera S Prodrive due in within the next 24 hours".

I thought an S WAS a Prodrive developed Brera. Have I got this wrong?

Correct. The SV spec was still around after the S became avaiable. The S is a specifically Prodrive developed car.

More concisely, the SV was the SkyView option that was dropped on the 2008 ''facelift, as one could have the car without SkyView.

So you have the Brera SV, the Brera and the Brera S (Prodrive). :)

There are fake S spec cars that come with some of the Prodrive bits as owners have put them on, but they are officially still SVs.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, but the SV was the original model. The poster on Facebook seems to be saying he has an S for sale but not a Prodrive S..

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
Yes, but the SV was the original model. The poster on Facebook seems to be saying he has an S for sale but not a Prodrive S..
He either has an S (Prodrive) or he has not. He cannot have an official Brera S non-prodrive, unless he has put the S spec buts onto it toe make it look/feel like an S I beleive.

Officially, the S and the Prodrive are inseperable.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did read some years ago that the S package could be specified for around 4 grand but don't know if that ever happened..

·
Registered
3,769 Posts

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
My last post seems to have gone walkabout..

This is the advert from Love Alfa. The wheels seem to be 18" rather than 19" so I'm guessing the only thing making this car and S is the badge on the side..

Alfa Romeo Brera 2.2 JTS S For Sale West Midlands | Love Alfa
Looks like a parts bin special to me. Notice how there is no mention of suspension. It's exclusive alright. The proper Prodrives have the Italian/British flags on the seats. It can't be labelled as a Prodrive, so it had some spare stuff chucked into it and Alfa probably charged more for all of that pretty stitching.

So it indeed appears that I stand corrected. There are clearly some 'S' spec Breras that are just parts bin specials. :)

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Out of curiosity what parts out of the link provided above are meant to be on the S. It doesn't have the alloys, exhaust and seats of the S. Just the badges. I thought the leather dash, alloy pedals and seats are an optional extra on any brera? Which makes that car just a decent specced brera sv? False advertisement and some poor guy/gal will buy it thinking its limited edition.

·
Registered
7,434 Posts
Out of curiosity what parts out of the link provided above are meant to be on the S. It doesn't have the alloys, exhaust and seats of the S. Just the badges. I thought the leather dash, alloy pedals and seats are an optional extra on any brera? Which makes that car just a decent specced brera sv? False advertisement and some poor guy/gal will buy it thinking its limited edition.
I think a lot of the confusion amongst dealers is down to the fact that 'S' is on the log book of cars that clearly aren't the Prodrive version.
It seems they've been designated thus on shipment, but never received the full or in some cases any of the Prodrive treatment.
Perhaps they thought they'd be able to shift a lot more units than they did. Probably the recession played a part.

·
Registered
119 Posts
And here we have a Brera S, (not a Prodrive Brera S) as verified by Alfa UK, and Alfa Italy.
The basic requirement to be released as an S was Prodrive suspension, everything else came at an extra cost.
and for what it is worth the reg document says Brera S,

Attachments

·
Registered
7,434 Posts
And here we have a Brera S, (not a Prodrive Brera S) as verified by Alfa UK, and Alfa Italy.
The basic requirement to be released as an S was Prodrive suspension, everything else came at an extra cost.
and for what it is worth the reg document says Brera S,
Bonny looking motor John :thumbup:.

By the way, Cloverleaf badges were only ever standard on one model in the 159/Brera/Spider range.
And that was the Spider Mille Miglia Alfa Romeo builds special edition 'Mille Miglia' Spider

It doesn't look out of place on that particular Brera though.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Prodrive

The simple way to find out if it's a real prodrive is to make sure the cirtificate of ownership is with the car. The one in the picture doesn't seem to be a prodrive

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
The simple way to find out if it's a real prodrive is to make sure the cirtificate of ownership is with the car. The one in the picture doesn't seem to be a prodrive
I would agree with that - I would also make sure the number ties in with the number on the car as I've seen a few certificates on ebay over the years.

Mine was one of the ones destined to be an S - it's got the red stitched leather seats, the lovely leather dash and the registration document says S. If I'd bought the kit from ebspares with the S seat inserts, the badges, the wheels, the exhaust and the suspension bits no-one would've been any the wiser.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Mine has the S bits and bobs but Alfa Romeo won't give me the certificate or check its been sent to the owner. Typical..

·
Registered
7,434 Posts
The one in the picture doesn't seem to be a prodrive
He has stated that it isn't.
But from the front three-quarter angle at distance how would you know?
It has Prodrive wheels and S badge - that's all you'd see at that angle anyway.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't think the wheels are the Prodrive ones. They are 18". Nice looking car all the same. However, the S model seems to add about 3 grand to the asking price of a Brera so I think I would like the full Prodrive package if I was paying that sort of price.

·
Registered
5,940 Posts
I don't think the wheels are the Prodrive ones. They are 18". Nice looking car all the same. However, the S model seems to add about 3 grand to the asking price of a Brera so I think I would like the full Prodrive package if I was paying that sort of price.
Those wheels arent even the Prodrive lookalike 18" ones, they are just horseshoe 18" painted dark grey. The ONLY bit of that car which is 'S' is the badge on the C piller. Its just a regular Brera.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts