Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My clutch is sounding really rough on the biting point and I'm thinking its the release bearing, any ideas and rough prices on a fix?
Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Had the same issue just over a month ago - it got steadily worse so I had the lot replaced, clutch Kit (bearing, plate etc and flywheel) supplied and fitted incl VAT £1k.. Was £600ish without Flywheel but felt I was better off doing it all in one go.

·
Registered
146 Posts
get in you tube and hear the sound of a problematic dual mass flywheel. if you car sounds like this, then is the DMF. I was hearing a sound "tak...tak...tak...." not with the same frequency when the car was idle and the sound was stopping once i was pressing the clutch pedal. if this is what you car does, definitely is the clutch release bearing....i change the bearing, the plate and the disk and everything is fine now. I didn't change the DMF as it was a waste of money to change it with out any problem but you take some risk in case is facing a problem in future although i dont beleive it will soon.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, big help looks like it is the flywheel and release bearing so having the whole clutch system n DMF replaced £1400 with genuine parts...seems reasonable?!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts