Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if theres a sniff of any coming up for sale or even sold recently? Getting itchy feet and contemplating one at the moment. Currently have an '07 GT. Seen one went for 10k here around this time last year but can't find much evidence of any others

·
Administrator
87,304 Posts

·
Administrator
87,304 Posts
And no doubt Wednesday's budget isn't going to make it any easier to move big engined cars.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Anyone know if theres a sniff of any coming up for sale or even sold recently? Getting itchy feet and contemplating one at the moment. Currently have an '07 GT. Seen one went for 10k here around this time last year but can't find much evidence of any others
Plenty in the UK... IMO it makes sense to get a decent car over there if you do your research in advance. Even with VRT, currency difference etc you'd be far more likely to get a fine car for good money..

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Plenty in the UK... IMO it makes sense to get a decent car over there if you do your research in advance. Even with VRT, currency difference etc you'd be far more likely to get a fine car for good money..
Yeah. I was looking on the UK sites alright. Loads there. Would be looking around €12-14k before another 4k VRT going by the prices on autotrader based on an 08 which would be steep

What price does tax come in pre-budget here on an 08? Couldn't find a reg to put in the motor tax website.

Wouldn't necessarily have to be an 08 but i'd prefer to go up in years ideally. Pity there weren't many of the 1.75TBi's sold in them

·
Administrator
87,304 Posts
What price does tax come in pre-budget here on an 08? Couldn't find a reg to put in the motor tax website.
I just used Rik's 07 reg (it was a UK import) & that came in at €962

·
Registered
519 Posts
Yeah. I was looking on the UK sites alright. Loads there. Would be looking around €12-14k before another 4k VRT going by the prices on autotrader based on an 08 which would be steep

Wouldn't necessarily have to be an 08 but i'd prefer to go up in years ideally. Pity there weren't many of the 1.75TBi's sold in them
I'd like a bigger engine next time I go looking for a new (to me) motor....even a A5 3.0tdi
It will have had to be registered after 01/01/08 in original country of registration to benefit from emissions based vrt and road tax....But we are gonna probably be screwed big style on Wednesday so maybe best to look at this on Thursday ???? I know how I will be feeling come Wednesday evening :vomit:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'd like a bigger engine next time I go looking for a new (to me) motor....even a A5 3.0tdi
It will have had to be registered after 01/01/08 in original country of registration to benefit from emissions based vrt and road tax....But we are gonna probably be screwed big style on Wednesday so maybe best to look at this on Thursday ???? I know how I will be feeling come Wednesday evening :vomit:
True that. Sure to go up no doubt. Hopefully its just a bit of scaremongering. They'll probably put it up a little bit less than people think so that we go ah sure its not as much as we thought thats grand and not complain too much.

·
Administrator
87,304 Posts
Yeah had done that myself but thats pre-emissions in 07 so it'd be different for 08 forward I think.
I thought you mightn't have had that reg either, yes that's the rate based on CC.

I noticed Motortax.ie removed all the tables of rates a while back :rolleyes: Maybe they didn't want to frighten people :lol:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cheers for that. Based on emissions here and the emissions against the classes here it fall into class E at €677 currently.

The independent are reporting a 15% increase for the CO2 based tax and 7% for the CC rates. Currently €300 cheaper between an 07 and 08.

·
Administrator
87,304 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's a fair bit of a difference isn't it.
Not as much as a BMW 520D that falls into the A category! Nice difference alright but I find that the price comparrison between 07's and 08's here usually reflects the saving too.

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
It was after 1st of July, not January..!
Just in case you find a nice Jan reg import..:thumbs:

·
Administrator
87,304 Posts
The change from CC based tax to the emissions based tax occured on the 1/7/08 but new cars registered here between 1/1/08 & the 30/6/08 had the option of switching from the CC based tax to the emissions based tax, I'm not not sure if that applies to imports.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I was kinda interested in the 2.2 Brera's but am I right in thinking that even the new CO2 Tax Rates look like the Tax would be over 1K? Anyone got one that can inform me correctly?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts