Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a gorgeous 2007 Brera 2.4 JDTM with after-market 20" black alloys. The problem is that one of the wheels (apparently) cracked and I went through 2 new tyres at £300 each. Had the wheel repaired and was Ok for a year but I've recently got a flat again on the same wheel and I suspect that it's cracked again. I don't particularly fancy forking out £300 every time this happens so I've decided to downgrade to some semi-sensible wheels (17"/18"). The problem is that every alloy wheel company I contact gets confused when I say the word "Brera" and struggle to find anything to fit. Apparently it's due to the large Brembo brake callipers on my 2.4.
Does anyone know what clearance (ET) I would need? What about the use of spacers? I have no experience in this area at all so any help would be appreciated.
I was particularly thinking about these wheels with an ET of 35: 8x18 Inch Wolfrace Assassin Black Polished Cap Alloy Wheels, fitted with 2354018 tyres.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
212 Posts
My car came with aftermarket Work chrome rims which I didn't like.
I bought a set of OEM horseshoe rims. When the OEM rims were fitted, I got a bit of a fright as the front wheels had about 3mm (an eigth of an inch for non-metrics) clearance from the brake calipers.
Asked on the forum and was assured that was okay.
Aftermarket rims had thick spacers to achieve clearance.
I personally suggest you get OEM Alfa rims. Just my opinion.
Good luck!:)

·
Registered
30,199 Posts
Does anyone know what clearance (ET) I would need?
"ET" is a measurement of offset, NOT a measurement of caliper clearance.

Any original 159/Brera 17" will fit.

(PS, 3mm is more than enough clearance, I had well under 1mm clearance on my 156...!)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts