Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I got to the car this morning after a heavy frost, try to start the engine and all I can hear is a blip every time I tried to press the start button, and a message appears in the dash saying that the alarm system is not protected or something to that effect.

After a call to the AA and 40 minutes wait the AA man first checked the battery, and it was showing 13v, he was surprised the battery was showing 13v especially after it had been out all night.

He tried to crank the engine but no joy, he then moved the steering wheel untill the steering lock was unblocked and it fired immediately.

So it was due to the fact that last night when I parked the car the wheels where not straight and the tires were forcing against the steering lock, when I inserted the key in the ignition the steering lock did not unblock itself as it usually does, the AA man said it is a common fault with Alfa's and Renault Megane.

As anybody experienced this before?

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
There is a warning light and a message re this - just like a manual steering lock, you may sometimes need to jiggle the wheel to get it free

1 - 2 of 2 Posts