Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon everyone ,

My daughter's Brera has in the last day or so got an airbag light on and no horn or steering wheel control operation . I ran diagnostics with Fiat Ecu scan , it picked up the faults but won't clear them - I am thinking it is the comms pack/clockspring unit behind the steering wheel , anyone had any experience with this , as usual any help greatly appreciated .

thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
I would disconnect the baterry for 10 mins then remove the cowls at the wheel and spray contact cleaner in the plugs before reconnecting the battery, its either that, or likely to be the clock spring

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply , I will give that a go when it cools down (her car is black too !)

do you know if clock spring is seperate or integrated with stalks ?

cheers

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update:

I have removed the wheel and checked all connections fully , put back together , horn and all wheel functions work but airbag light still on , tried to reset 1st stage went out momentarily and then back on second stage would not clear . As I was connected and checking the resistance the 1st stage was continually moving from 5 -7 ohms , 2nd stage stuck on 7 ohms . I took clock spring off and checked connections - now I am stumped , any other ideas before I get my hand in my pocket !

TIA

·
Registered
361 Posts
thanks,

how were you able to resolve this?

i have B100E, which is drivers side air bag resistance low. my 1st and 2nd stage seems to be all good.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks,

how were you able to resolve this?

i have B100E, which is drivers side air bag resistance low. my 1st and 2nd stage seems to be all good.

Mine was the squib / slip ring , I think that is responsible for the majority of errors . I doubt it will be the bag itself - it is highly unlikely to fail , that said it could be an outside possibility. Does the light come back on as soon as you reset it ?

·
Registered
361 Posts
do you have any idea waht they mean by

1st level drivers air bag
2nd level drivers air bag
and just straight drivers air bag?

thanks

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
afaik 1 and 2 relate to the squib,I have not encountered b100e , but generally if resistance is low you have got a wiring or connector issue .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts