Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back with yet another question. Purchased a 2007 2.4 Brera today. Really love it.It was registered in august 2007 and is on a 07 plate. Im not sure which one it is,200 or 210hp.
Any ideas how i can tell?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I know the 159 has 210 in brackets on the drivers door pillar inline withthe vehicle description.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
One of the big differences is the turbo, so might be possible to visually check

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/color

·
Registered
114 Posts
It's rather imperfect, but you could do a VIN check. I did that using a website recommended somewhere on here.

That way I found out mine had been built in November 07. The later in the year, the more likely it would be a 210.

I think....

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
229 Posts
They have different engine codes.
200BHp has a 939A3.000 code (should be in the engine bay id/vin tab).
210 BHp has 939A9.000

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
On the 159 there is a plate on the B pillar (pillar between driver and rear passenger compartment it's the pillar that front door slams against and rear door is hinged on) just under the drivers door latch with either 200 or 210 clearly marked on it.

I am surprised there isn't a similar plate on the Brera.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have had another look but there is not a plate anywhere on the pillars. I will have a look in the morning at the engine code,under the bonnet.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Back with yet another question. Purchased a 2007 2.4 Brera today. Really love it.It was registered in august 2007 and is on a 07 plate. Im not sure which one it is,200 or 210hp.
Any ideas how i can tell?
I would imagine that if you open the hood, you could tell the difference by checking if you got a black plastic solenoid valve on the panel the cooler sits below & the frontlights are screwed onto. On my 210 BHP this solenoid controls the vacuum for the VNT-turbo, whereas i believe the 200 BHP only got a standard-turbo without this function.

The solenoid valve has a connector & two rubberhoses connected to it with different diameters on them :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had it confirmed today its the 200hp. Hopefully thats not too much of a problem. I also spoke with the garage thats been looking after the servicing/work over the last couple of years.
Its had a new clutch,dual mass flywheel,cam belt and water pump change within the last 18 months and 7000 miles.The garage said the owner was very fastidious about servicing and maintainance and said he would vouch for the car as being a good one.
Anyway,really enjoying driving it,feels a very special place to be.:smile::smile:

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Have it remapped and it will be a very, very special place to be.

The 210 has a better turbo and torques starts sooner.

Having said that my wife's 200 with a map is rather quick. A map gives an improvement that you will not regret. With new clutch and DMF you won't have to worry about the clutch and the gearboxes in the 2.4 will easily take the extra torque.

·
Vendor
45,986 Posts
You can't trust the door pillar stickers, they are often wrong. Go on engine code as xencof posted a few posts up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts