Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buying my first Alfa before end of the year (HAS to be a Brera 2.4...will take advice re: remap soon after) but to me it doesn't look right unless it has the 8C style 19" alloys.

So plan is to buy cheap 2nd hand (up to 6K) and do the "prodive" upgrades later for cheaper...Eibach lowered suspension etc) BUT..

the biggie is the 8C 19" style Alloys.

Its a bit of a crap shoot buying a Brera with these 2nd hand, but buy the alloys new and you get exactly what you want.
Bit spendy, especially from Veloces @ £1680 but cheaper than the markup sellers are asking for a Prodrive model.

Only potential "gotcha" is the price of matching tyres?
Can anyone advise of a good but affordable set that will fit the Brera 19" type S alloys?

thanks!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Reactions: Danman

·
Registered
344 Posts
Only potential "gotcha" is the price of matching tyres?
Can anyone advise of a good but affordable set that will fit the Brera 19" type S alloys?
The official tyre size to fit these rims is 235/40/19. If you search the forum there's a million threads on using other sizes.

If like me you stick with what the OEM recommended, tyres aren't as expensive as they used to be. The Pirelli's and Michelin's used to be £250 a corner, now if you order them on somewhere like tyreleader.co.uk, you can get them for £150 and pay your local garage to fit them for £10-£15 a corner. :thumbs:

Michelins

Pirellis

Of course there's a BILLION other threads on using mid-range or cheaper options if you search too. I bought accelera tyres when I bought my 19" 8Cs, the same day I bought my car as I'm not made of money. They were ok and over time I've changed to Michelins, which I do prefer, but I only do 8k a year so they last anyway. At the end of the day it's a personal choice.:thumbup:

·
Registered
411 Posts
ok ill jump in there first. Dont buy accelleras they are lethal. Seriously.

sorry but if I didnt say it someone else was gonna! yer its a conversation thats been had a million and one times on these forums :)

·
Registered
606 Posts
On no not another tyre thread...

I have Accelleras on my 19" prodrives, cost £75 a corner and are fine for normal driving. If you drive fast and like to race in the wet then probably not for you.

Also when you say 8C wheels do you mean prodrive wheels? As the 8C/4C wheels wont fit the Brera as the PCD is 98 and is wrong for the Brera which is 110.

For reference;

19" Prodrive wheels:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALFA-ROME...564?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item463d4bfbd4

If you do want a set of Prodrives then set up a saved search on eBay, as a set come up every so often, usually round £600 - £800 second hand.

Dan

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Dan,
yup the Prodrive "8C style" wheels :)

Read up on other tyre threads (this was my first) and not so sure about the Accelleras...
The Pirelli and Michelin linked to earlier are a good start.

Cheers mate, and thanks for the reply.
Gaz.

On no not another tyre thread...

I have Accelleras on my 19" prodrives, cost £75 a corner and are fine for normal driving. If you drive fast and like to race in the wet then probably not for you.

Also when you say 8C wheels do you mean prodrive wheels? As the 8C/4C wheels wont fit the Brera as the PCD is 98 and is wrong for the Brera which is 110.

For reference;

19" Prodrive wheels:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALFA-ROME...564?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item463d4bfbd4

If you do want a set of Prodrives then set up a saved search on eBay, as a set come up every so often, usually round £600 - £800 second hand.

Dan

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nowt wrong with a shamless plug!
Looking to pick up a black car though mate, only colour for a Brera as far as I can say!

Thanks though, nice that it has the Prodrive stuff already done too.

(Shameless plug alert)

My car is within your price range - although has 18's not 19's....

Used 2007 Alfa Romeo Brera JTDM SV for sale in South Yorkshire | Pistonheads

Already has Eibach's and Prodrive exhausts :thumbup:

Tyres on the 19's are tricky - cheaper brands can be purchased - there are quite a few threads on this already so I won't cover old ground - but check out

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-159-brera-andamp-946-spider/779289-which-tyre.html

·
Registered
270 Posts
Tyre choice

Hi
For starters go wider, got fed up touching the paintwork up on mine for minor grazes in potholes etc.
245 40 19 , gives you some kerb protection, no adverse effects.

Secondly , if you want superglue for tyres go for
Michelin Super Sports , impressive grip in all weathers
Got mine from Germany full set for £580.
Out performs all others

Good luck with the hunt.

Paul

1 - 10 of 10 Posts